General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Meera Syal...........

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

R.B.

R.B. Report 8 Dec 2004 07:25

enjoyed last nights` episode- sorry to see that next week is the last one,it has been one of the best series to come out of the BBC.

Ann

Ann Report 8 Dec 2004 07:51

Wasn't she lucky to have a family priest who kept all the family records? What we would not all give to have that system over here!!!

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 8 Dec 2004 08:00

Certainly a lot of reading on that scroll to do!, how nice Meera could add her Daughters name, I too hope they do another series, who is next week?, or was that the last, anybody know?..

Andy

Andy Report 8 Dec 2004 08:54

It was OK. I always knew that this episode would be of least relevance to anything I've researched or likely to research, but so was Moira Stuart's episode and found that one to be more engaging, in comparison.

Judith

Judith Report 8 Dec 2004 09:01

I really agreed with her when she said at the end that having started off trying to go as far back as possible it becomes much more satisfying to find out about the lives of our ancestors, even if only one generation back (she worded this much more successfully than I have) I'm extremely grateful to the series as it prompted someone to dig out an old school project on his family and investigate further. He joined this site and it turns out his grandad and my dad were cousins. The closest relation I have contacted so far and BINGO! he has solved one of my puzzles. Judith

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 8 Dec 2004 09:17

I thoroughly enjoyed it and as she says you can see some traits of people today and they can be exolained by the past!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Dec 2004 09:36

Meera was so obviously moved when she was given a piece of stone from her Grandparent's home.