General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Today I went to see my grandchildren's school show

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue

Sue Report 8 Dec 2004 21:27

See below..........

Sue

Sue Report 8 Dec 2004 21:27

It was wonderful! It was called 'The Shattered CD' and the story was that the CD of all the music for the Christmas show was broken and they had to get some more from somewhere. Two year 2 girls (aged 6) played the headmistress and her deputy and narrated the whole thing. Each class from the 3 year olds in the nursery to the 6/7 year olds in year 2 chose their favourite Christmas song to sing. They all wore costumes suitable for their particular song, which included Angels (Robbie Williams), Away in a Manger (sung by Nursery kids and I cried!!!), Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph, Jingle Bells, Santa Claus is coming to Town and the one which brought the house down, Slade's Merry Xmas Everyone, complete with Slade look alikes! There is also a mixed age range class of children with special needs who also sang their song beautifully. There was also a Nativity at the end. I'd like to say congratulations to West Ewell Infants School and Nursery for a very very good show. It was fantastic! A very proud Grandma Sue xxx

PolperroPrincess

PolperroPrincess Report 8 Dec 2004 21:31

I love little childrens nativity plays! When my son was in the infants/juniors he used to dread me going to watch them because I would always end up with a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye...he said it was embarrasing

Frances in Norwich

Frances in Norwich Report 8 Dec 2004 21:34

Sue, At last a thread I can join in with! I too went to my grandaughters first nativity today, and completely understand how you felt. I was so proud of her and she looked so sweet in her costume singing her little heart out - and yes I cried too! It was very nostalgic for me as I attended the same school over 40 years ago and my daughters also went there. Lots of lovely memories. Yet another pleasure in being a grandma - I love it. Frances

Jean Durant

Jean Durant Report 8 Dec 2004 21:43

Sue, How lovely. My grandson, Harry, has his first nativity tomorrow morning, When my daughter asked him what part he was playing he said a chef. My daughter said don't you mean a shepherd and he replied it could be. Sounds as if his one is going to be good lol. Don't you wish you could bottle all these very special events and keep them forever? Jean x.

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 9 Dec 2004 07:22

There's nothing like the school Nativity play, for making you feel choked, memories to treasure! :)

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Dec 2004 07:24

I'm a school secretary and although this is such a busy time of year, it's the best. With my office door open, I can hear all the rehearsals for the Christmas plays, and I never get bored with hearing it so many times. And to see the children's faces ... lovely place to be at Christmas! Mandy (who is also a great big soppy, even though not a grandma yet) :)

Mags

Mags Report 9 Dec 2004 08:29

I used to love the Nativity Plays at lower school when my two were little - and yes - bawled every time! But the Christmas carol concert in the Church (it was a church school) really did it for me . There's something about little voices in unison (well almost!) resounding round a Norman church. Little faces so intent on getting it right, bubbling with an undercurrent of excitement ('we break up today!...how many more sleeps is that now?') - Flickering candles and stained glass, niches and windows dressed for Christmas....MAGIC! Magsx

Bren from Oldham

Bren from Oldham Report 9 Dec 2004 19:58

I'M going on Monday to see my 4yr old Grandaughter in the Infant school Christmas play. I think it's about Father Christmas's sack having a hole in it and she is a Snowman, but I will have to wait ansd see if she is right .Last year she was in the nursery class and they were Robins and danced to the Birdy song When she went to playgroup they did a Nativity play in Church which brought tears to the eyes of everyone there Joseph fell asleep so one of the angels hit him to wake him up Guess who was the angel --------------------------------- My Grandaughter Bren