General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

bald heads

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

syljo

syljo Report 8 Dec 2004 21:44

Is it a question of fashion to have a bald head? One never knows if a person has lost his/her hair through chemotherapy or of their own choice. Skinheads for example. You even have women shaving their heads, why? Sylvia xxx

Geoff

Geoff Report 8 Dec 2004 21:49

Yes, it must be fashion. Hair is a wonderful form of insulation for the head in winter and saves you from sunburn in summer.

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 8 Dec 2004 21:52

Too lazy to wash their hair perhaps. Is there many more styles left to them. Trendy wigs next maybe.

www.Siouxhealer

www.Siouxhealer Report 9 Dec 2004 09:37

Wouldn't say it's laziness Winter, it can be as much of a bind to keep up as styling. My hubby shaves his head every other day. He has a very very highly receeded hairline !! ;) Also the hair he does have is fairly sparse now, so rather than have a tatty smattering he gets rid. I find it very sexy and smooth when it's all freshly shaved. But the stubble is horrid. You know how mens chins get ..... well it's like that all over. Yuk You can usually tell if someone shaves by choice, as they have thay grey appearance to the skin where the hair shaft remains. If someone has lost their hair through chemo, their skin is a lot fairer. Sioux xx

syljo

syljo Report 9 Dec 2004 20:34

Thanks for the info on bald heads Sioux. I can now see if somebody has been ill or are just fashion conscious. Sylvia xxx

Len

Len Report 9 Dec 2004 20:41

Sylvia, I have been blessed with a good head of hair, and Ive also got a beard ,however my brother cant grow a beard and has lost his hair, mind you its a little snowy up there now, Ive convinced myself its not age , I had a shock when I was younger???????????? Len C

syljo

syljo Report 9 Dec 2004 20:51

What a blessing that you are male and not female - fancy a female losing her hair through a shock. Actually I have a small bare patch on my head (my hairdresser told me about it). I think it came from either the birth of my first child or losing my father six weeks before. I'll never know. Sylvia xxx

Threegolds

Threegolds Report 9 Dec 2004 20:56

I train with a woman who lost her hair a long time ago to illness, she refuses to wear a wig and is one of the best atheletes in our borough at track events!

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Dec 2004 21:01

Can we not get at bald people please? My family has a bald gene running through it and has been the bane of their lives since 1900. If people choose to go bald, then so be it, but when it is inflicted without choice then some in my family would consider it to be a different matter.