General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help !!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nanna Gaynor  (June nr Preston's Daughter)

Nanna Gaynor (June nr Preston's Daughter) Report 9 Dec 2004 15:41

Is anyone else having problems today, whilst trying to add a thread here about two hours ago, my pc completely froze up, I have had a terrible job trying to get it sorted out it has been running painfully slow, it is taking absolutely ages to open up any documents / programmes etc and it has even taken 12 minutes for msn messenger to log in) I have run adaware which indicated 6 critical objects (now deleted). I am also getting this message when I try to add a thread ..... Error: URL contains invalid WebItem(9008-WebClass Runtime)..... If this one actually gets to the board, I would welcome any suggestions :-( Gaynor

Lisa

Lisa Report 9 Dec 2004 15:42

mine has been doing that today.think it's the sitexxxxx(:

Nanna Gaynor (June nr Preston's Daughter) Report 9 Dec 2004 15:42

I had added some of those symbols and made my name pretty and that was when my trouble started.... do you think that could have anything to do with it? or is that just coincidence?

Nanna Gaynor (June nr Preston's Daughter) Report 9 Dec 2004 15:43

It messed up my whole pc Grrrrr !!!! and it's still running badly - I think I deleted some Norton protected files by accident when I was emptying my recycle bin.... don't know if that has anything to do with it aswell.

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 9 Dec 2004 15:43

I havent had any problems at all today. Elaine x

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 9 Dec 2004 15:45

No problems at all today, sorry Christine

Bec

Bec Report 9 Dec 2004 15:46

For once - no problems!