General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

why do families row at christmas........

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 9 Dec 2004 19:43

like a ritual for some families fallings out!!!...........

helenbell

helenbell Report 9 Dec 2004 20:05

I really dont know my lovely only answered because i didnt like to see you thread empty Love Helen

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Dec 2004 20:28

Because a) they are all together so they have the opportunity b) because expectations about everybody getting on and having a lovely time are unrealistic c) because after a few hours and maybe a few drinks in eachothers' company, inhibitions are lowered and old grudges surface. nell

Andy

Andy Report 9 Dec 2004 20:36

Sorry to be a bit Po faced about this, but my family don't row and never have. When the kids were younger we let them have their mates around to get away from their families and generally had a really good time. We entertained aged parents and the kids helped too and we had a really good time. We have dealt with difficult situations. This Christmas, the first for 34 years we are having on our own, I think we will really enjoy. But all the family are coming here on the Monday after Christmas and will have a really good time, play games, get a little drunk and talk about the year past, and of course the year to come. I'm looking forward!

Lisa

Lisa Report 10 Dec 2004 15:17

andy mine don't but saw on telly that when some families get together they always row on christmas day.must be all the booze flowingxxxx(:

Merlin

Merlin Report 10 Dec 2004 15:33

I think its probably because they are,nt as close as they used to be,i/e. Living in closer proximity.nowadays people tend to live father apart. and just get niggly as they don,t visit often. Hal.