General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Quiz

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Dec 2004 21:27

see below

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Dec 2004 21:31

for Christmas: 1. who gives London a Christmas tree every year? 2. Jesus' parents - can you find their marriage on 1837online? 3. name the 3 wise men 4. Horsemen of the Apocalypse - what are they? 5. foods served at Christmas 6. The alternative title of "Twelfth Night". nell PS one of these questions is a spoof - which one and why?

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 9 Dec 2004 21:34

1Norway 2 3Gaspar, Melchior, and Balthasar 4famine, pestilence, destruction and death 5 6 Epithany I'm betting its not the obvious one Nell?

Mags

Mags Report 9 Dec 2004 21:40

Is No.6 also 'Or what you will' - and the spoof one?

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 9 Dec 2004 21:49

2. Marriages on 1837 Online only started 1 July 1837. I know that some marriages occur after the birth of the eldest child, but 1837 years?!!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Dec 2004 10:32

1 Norway 2 Mary and Joseph (not registered with the GRO, though they must have been on a register for taxation purposes!) 3 The three wise men are only mentioned in St Matthew's gospel and they are not named. 4 "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was DEATH, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with SWORD and with HUNGER and with DEATH and with the beasts of the Earth" [I think something has been lost in the translation!] 5 - turkey, mince pies, nuts, satsumas, Christmas pudding, Christmas cake, etc. 6 Or "what you will". nell