General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Goodbye-ee

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 11 Dec 2004 15:44

. all together now

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 11 Dec 2004 15:44

Brother Bertie went away To do his bit the other day With a smile on his lips And his Lieutenant's pips Upon his shoulder bright and gay. As the train moved out he said, "Remember me to all the birds!" And he wagg'd his paw And went away to war Shouting out these pathetic words: "Goodbye-ee, goodbye-ee, Wipe the tear, baby dear, from your eye-ee! Tho' it's hard to part I know, I'll be tickled to death to go. Don't cry-ee, don't sigh-ee, There's a silver lining in the sky-ee, Bonsoir, old thing, cheer-i-o, chin, chin, Nap-poo, too-dle-oo, Goodbye-ee." Marmaduke Horatio Flynn Although he'd whiskers round his chin, In a play took a part, And he touch'd ev'ry heart As little Willie in "East Lynne". As the little dying child Upon his snow white bed he lay And amid their tears the people gave three cheers When he said as he pass'd away: "Good-bye-ee, good-bye-ee, Wipe the tear, baby dear, from your eye-ee, Tho' it's hard to part I know, I'll be tickl-ed to death to go. Don't cry-ee, don't sigh-ee, There's a silver lining in the sky-ee, Bonsoir, old thing, cheer-i-o, chin, chin, Nap-poo, too-dle-oo, Good-bye-ee." At a concert down at Kew Some convalescents dressed in blue Had to hear Lady Lee Who 'ad turned eighty three Sing all the old, old songs she knew. Then she made a speech and said: "I look up-on you boys with pride. And for what you've done I'm going to kiss each one." Then they all grabb'd their sticks and cried: Good-bye-ee, good-bye-ee, Wipe the tear, Lady dear, from your eye-ee, Tho' it's hard to part I know, I'll be tickled to death to go. Don't cry-ee, don't sigh-ee, There's a silver lining in the sky-ee, Bonsoir, old thing, cheer-i-o, chin, chin, Nap-poo, too-dle-oo, Good-bye-ee! R P Weston & Bert Lee (1917)

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 11 Dec 2004 15:46

Hello---Hello----