General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Now I know it's Christmas!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine2

Christine2 Report 11 Dec 2004 16:16

We have just come back from a lovely day in Clumber Park on the edge of Nottinghamshire. There was a band playing carols, a marquee with Christmas crafts and a plant sale. The lunch was great. Bought a lovely wooden x shap with a tea light on each corner and a Christmas display in the middle. Walked round the lake and watched the ducks, swans etc flying down to the water and skidding to a halt with a plop (so funny). Graham took some lovely photographs and the sun was shining so brightly I could have done with my sunglasses. Now, if there is anyone not bored to death by now and you live anywhere near, the carols and crafts are still on tomorrow.:)))))) Chrissie x

Mo

Mo Report 11 Dec 2004 16:18

Chrissie Glad to hear you had a great day. I knew it was really Christmas when I came home from work the other day and the dog (Bash is his name) had got into the asda bags and then proceeded to rip open every selection box (Cadburys of course) and only ate the dairy milk chocolate bars. He is fussy you see. The living room carpet was littered with shreaded papers and cardboard. Oh well its only once a year I guess. Mo

Christine2

Christine2 Report 11 Dec 2004 16:22

Oh dear Mo, I suppose that means another trip to the shops then does it? LOL Chrissie

Christine2

Christine2 Report 11 Dec 2004 16:29

Hop on a train Maz :))) Chrissie x

Mo

Mo Report 11 Dec 2004 16:34

yeh chrissie it does. Its when we have such beautiful sites on our doorstep and take it for granted we now know what the foreigners are on about and why they come especially to scotland for the marvellous and beautiful sites escpeially during the summer and winter. we are all so fortunate. Mo