General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What would you do?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 12 Dec 2004 01:19

If you found a long lost relative that you had never met before........and they turned out to be a HORROR!....what would you do?

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 12 Dec 2004 01:20

Hurry up guys!!! Im desperate for ideas!

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 12 Dec 2004 01:21

Run!!!!! Christine

Heidi

Heidi Report 12 Dec 2004 01:24

Still welcome them with open arms, they're family after all. There's too much prejudice in today's world. How would you feel if someone thought the same about you? Sorry, i'm a sentimental fool!

Pat

Pat Report 12 Dec 2004 01:26

Well it depends what is meant by HORRIBLE I would be inclined to take Christine's advice but then again, I am a nosey mare and may wait around to give them the benefit of the doubt then maybe run like hell. Its very difficult to answer but you know what you are comfortable with and if you are not comfortable then i would take care. Good luck no matter what you decide, but you have to put your own well being first. Pat x

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 12 Dec 2004 01:30

Heidi ..This relative has ALOT of problems. She has been offered help and taken it years ago.....I think she still has counceling but she just wont let anything go. She has children that dont want to know her....Her Mother doesnt want to know her....The Police dont want to know her...Her ex Hubby doesnt want to know her.....I feel Im the only one that she has got and she doesnt know me from Adam...We are about to meet and yes!...Im looking forward to it but.....WHAT AM I TAKING ON????

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 12 Dec 2004 01:36

OLD SAYING...........You can choose your friends but not your Family....

Heidi

Heidi Report 12 Dec 2004 01:38

Miss L Toe Certainly a difficult situation. Maybe they feel they have n-one to turn to and an impartial advice my be beneficial. Judge it how u c it. Don't be threatened by it. Say what u feel is right 4 the situation. At least u have tried then. Hope everything works out. Heidi

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 12 Dec 2004 01:46

Rachael...She was adopted at six weeks from OUR Mother....she went to a witch of an adopted Mother (this woman sounds horrible!) I feel SO sorry for this person I found on here :(......OUR Mum died only two months ago so she missed meeting her :((( It's all so sad. I feel I want to try give back some of the love that she missed out on....but she's VERY screwed up. Theres one consolation in all this.....OUR Mother never got to know the rotton Life her third baby had that she was forced to give away. She gave her away thinking that she would have a better life than she could give her.

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 12 Dec 2004 01:56

This adopted Mother when she first got my half sister.....took her in a room and smacked her bottom as hard as she could so as to make the baby cry...all cos the adopted g/mother wouldnt accept her....the baby was thrown in her lap and told...."NOW BOND WITH IT!"... It's no wonder this Lady has probs now.

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 12 Dec 2004 02:58

I dont like the number 13.....thats all... ;o)

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 12 Dec 2004 03:56

When this half sister got pregnant before marriage....she was told....your bad!...your a hoar like your birth mother was!. She entertained the troops during the war!.....None of this is true by the way. This adopted mother hasnt had sex with her husband for 50 years cos she thinks it's dirty...no wonder she had to adopt!!!!!..nasty nasty lady! I wish I could put the last 50years right for my half Sister....Im gonna try my best.

Bec

Bec Report 12 Dec 2004 03:59

I'm sure you'll do everything you can good luck if you'd like to talk about it then message me, i'm young and unwise but that's not always a bad thing! becx