General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I hope he starves

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 12 Dec 2004 15:54

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 12 Dec 2004 15:55

SADDAM ON HUNGER STRIKE Ousted Iraqi president Saddam Hussein and 11 top leaders of his regime have gone on hunger strike in their US detention centre. Saddam was captured by US forces last December and faces charges of war crimes and crimes against humanity. "We have reliable information that Saddam Hussein and 11 other prisoners began a hunger strike to protest ill-treatment," Badiaa Aref Ezzat, the lawyer of former deputy prime minister Tareq Aziz said. He is being held in US custody in a secret location in Iraq and has reportedly received treatment for an enlarged prostate gland, hernia problems and eye trouble. He was recently visited by the International Committee of the Red Cross who reported he is in good health but refused to give more details.

www.Siouxhealer

www.Siouxhealer Report 12 Dec 2004 16:04

Well lets hope he has more staying power than Ian Huntley ! Whined he wanted a sandwich after 5 days because he couldn't stand the pain !! Grrrrrr. Biting down so hard on me lip >:( Sioux

Merlin

Merlin Report 12 Dec 2004 16:04

I,m Afraid a lot of people may "Disagree" with me about this, However,for the life of me I cannot see why they did,nt just toss a couple of grenades in the hole he was in,and put the lid back on.It would have saved a lot of trouble all round. Hal.

John

John Report 12 Dec 2004 16:05

I thought the same Sioux.

Bob

Bob Report 12 Dec 2004 16:07

Could I sugest that he is brought to justice quickly, is'n that what you would like as one of his victims? And then alowed to starve himself afterwards. Bob

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 12 Dec 2004 16:16

Quick justice....yes. But in the meantime let him suffer. like his regime made his people suffer. I too think Huntley is a wimp Elaine x

Howie

Howie Report 12 Dec 2004 16:16

I second that harold would have save a lot of trouble great minds think alike merry xmas to you howard

John

John Report 12 Dec 2004 16:22

Wouldn't that have been too easy a death though? Is it possible for people who do vile things to be made an example of? It would never be a deterrent though, I suppose, as they perhaps think they'll get away with their crimes. I'm not sure!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Dec 2004 16:23

I'd much rather he stood trial for his crimes than starved himself to death - by starving himself he's in control of the situation and saving himself from the humiliation of being judged and sentenced. I know he won't be given a punishment that most of us would think fit for him but for a man like him the degradation is a big punishment.

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 12 Dec 2004 16:25

Throw a grenade into saddams hole?? nah Would have made the other soldiers deaf. ( why oh why , have I a vision of a cartoon cat in a trashcan, with a bomb being thrown in and the lid being blown into the air ???????? ) Elaine x :o)))

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 12 Dec 2004 18:53

Let the remaining Familys have em both!!!!!

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 12 Dec 2004 19:15

i bet its ramadan or sumut where he has to starve for his religion , next week hell be eating again.

Pat

Pat Report 13 Dec 2004 03:32

Have to agree with everyone, But Patty like most or all these criminals will we ever hear the whole truth, I doubt it, all through history we have never heard the extent of people's crimes, wish we could but I don't think we will. Pat x

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 15 Dec 2004 21:23

Sorry everybody But saddam is not going to have his trial until 2006. Also his 2nd cousin is with him AL-MAJID who came to this country seeking Asylum because he told immigration that he would be murdered in Iraq, This 2nd cousin AL-MAJID and his family live in the next village to me. He has got a 5 bedroom house which he is supposed to be renting but people say he has bought. He went back to Fallujah/Iraq and was arrested by the Americans. He will go on trial for war crimes that he commited before he came to this country. Now the Councillors are asking why he was let into the country. AL-MAJID was given exceptional leave to stay here NOT asylum. Hope that they all commit suicide/starve themselves to death. Sue