General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

**Memory Lane**

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dame

Dame Report 12 Dec 2004 17:00

What are your fondest christmas memories?

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Dec 2004 17:12

Oooh, when I was a little girl, getting the doll's house my parents had told me they couldn't afford! more recently, apart from the first Christmas with my sons when they were babies, having my brother- and sister-in-law over. It snowed, so their two boys and our two boys went out to make snowmen, while I got acquainted with my 2-month-old niece. something very special about Christmas with babies. nell

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 Dec 2004 17:20

So many. My Dad bringing home a tree far too tall for out bungalow lounge and having to cut the top off. having the house full of decorations after the war when Dad was a rep for a stationery firm and had a load of samples he was allowed to use. large glittery chains - the sort you see in shops, huge bells. To a child deprived of colour in the war thatw as magic. Then much later, as a new grandparent with a 5 month old Grandson looking at the tree lights, realising that we had many years of Christmasses through the eyes of a child ahead (oldest one is 16 now but still have a 2 year old and an 8 year old). ann Glos

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 12 Dec 2004 17:22

Waking up and finding presents at the end of my bed. Shouting that He had been. Opening a pretty plastic "Apron" for the bottom of my budgies cage. Father xmas never left him out each year. In my teens I was at my ex boyfriends house when xmas evening a shout went up, the dog had pinched the remainder of the turkey! That dog had such a happy look on its face im sure he was smiling ! Elaine x

Dame

Dame Report 12 Dec 2004 18:53

Waking up in the middle of the night to find Santa had been, my pressies at the bottom of my bed and of course waking my parents to announce it was Christmas.

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 12 Dec 2004 18:56

I was desperate for a full n fluffy lace pettycoat in the early 60s.....I tore the corner very gently of a pressie the day befor and saw the lace!!!!!!!....I spoilt myown xmas pressie opening that year :o(

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 12 Dec 2004 22:42

Sorry to intrude on this thread....just wanted to ask Margeret where in herts is she?...Im Stevenage. :o)