General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Please how long will it take

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 13 Dec 2004 09:30

I ordered a certificate on the 29th Movember two weeks to wait in suspence how long are they taking at the moment , any one else waiting that long Margaret

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Dec 2004 09:34

Depends where you ordered the cert from ? GRO in Southport are absolutely bogged down with requests. Friday I received a couple of certs that had been ordered 12 November and its getting worse by the day. We should not complain .. just be patient, and give thanks to those people who are working round the clock at Southport to try and get rid of the backlog. You will either receive the cert via post or you will receive an e.mail to say that they could not locate the cert for one of several reasons. You will hear either way as soon as humanly possible. Elaine :-)

Margaret

Margaret Report 13 Dec 2004 09:38

I quite understand how they are overloaded with work and with the Xmas post ,just looked on my form i sent for it online and dispatch date is appox 9th Decembber Margaret

Joy

Joy Report 13 Dec 2004 09:41

If you apply to a register office, it is usually within a few days. Joy

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Dec 2004 09:43

My despatch date was 2 December .. I received it 10th .. so not sure if it was postal delay or just the actual delay itself. They have put a message up on the Home Page explaining the difficulties .. and I know that the details for despatch have been altered at least once to compensate for the delay. Elaine :-)

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 13 Dec 2004 20:08

When I ordered a certificate on the 29th November there was a warning about delays. Still have not received it although it was due to be sent out on the 9th Dec. It isn't just the Christmas Post holding things up. Apparently the "Who do You Think You Are?" programme has boosted requests for certificates. Rosemary(Essex)

Ann

Ann Report 13 Dec 2004 20:10

Requested mine on 21 Nov, got them this morning- and in my case they were very useful, so although the wait was frustrating it was well worth it!!!!

Jane

Jane Report 13 Dec 2004 21:06

GRO in Southport are advertising for staff so hopefully they will be able to cope with the demand quicker.

Belle56

Belle56 Report 13 Dec 2004 22:31

My despatch date was 7th November and like Diana Ross "I'm still waiting" the postman hasn't been at all today............. Belle.

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 14 Dec 2004 14:55

Have you read Baz Hugo's thread?It might answer your question-Rose