General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Where has the thread gone??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue from Wakefield

Sue from Wakefield Report 13 Dec 2004 10:20

I don't usually come on in the morning due to work....so maybe my I can't get my genealogy head on at this time.....but I'm sure I've just seen a thread by Louise Sharp about an ancestory update......now I can't find it....where's it gone??......I didn't get chance to read it....how do I find threads?? Sue

Sue from Wakefield

Sue from Wakefield Report 13 Dec 2004 10:21

Ps I haven't got my glasses on (can't bl**dy find them) so I may be wrong Sue xx

Bec

Bec Report 13 Dec 2004 10:23

Hello Sue Can't answer your question I'm afraid. Could I ask, are you researching Battys? Have I contacted you yet? Thanks Becx

Sue from Wakefield

Sue from Wakefield Report 13 Dec 2004 10:25

Hi Bec, Yes I am researching Batty's from Wakefield. Where are you from and isn't Batty a common name lol bit like Smith and Jones Sue xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Dec 2004 10:27

I think Louise has left the site (again) so probably removed hear threads before she left.

Sue from Wakefield

Sue from Wakefield Report 13 Dec 2004 10:28

Oh...right sorry to hear when people leave the site. I was going to ask her if Wakefield was on yet. Sue xx

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 13 Dec 2004 10:29

Yes she did have a thread on and it disappeared. Maybe she wanted to edit it and will put it back on.

Bec

Bec Report 13 Dec 2004 10:29

Hello Sue I'm researching Battys in Derbyshire/Cumberland/Cheshire! It's good to know that they're are others looking for Battys. That way if I stumble across something that could help you then I can pass it on. Us Battys need to stick together! Becx (Batty)

Sue from Wakefield

Sue from Wakefield Report 13 Dec 2004 10:35

Gaynor Thanks. I am from Wakefield which has made it a little bit easier for me...seeing as the ancestors didnt leave Wakefield....I think they thought the world ended if they went to another part of the country. I'm off to find Sheila's thread. Owt for nowt from the council!! Sounds to good to be true Sue xx

Sue from Wakefield

Sue from Wakefield Report 13 Dec 2004 10:41

Before I go I'll just reply to Baz. I joined this site in April this year as it came so highly recommended for genealogy old and new alike. Without this site I think I would have still been stuck in 2004!! I don't usually post that much...but I have seen tears and laughter in threads both of which have made my cry (really!!) This site has been brilliant for me and the kindness people have shown me have been amazing!! The spirit in which people offer to help total strangers is without a doubt a blessing to people like me who started off only knowing a first name. It's a shame isn't it when things go wrong?? Thank you to everyone Merry Xmas Sue xx

Bec

Bec Report 13 Dec 2004 10:45

Louise - Ooooo Cumberland???? Any idea when? becx

Sue from Wakefield

Sue from Wakefield Report 13 Dec 2004 10:48

Louise, Thanks...I don't think Ancestry have heard of Wakefield ha ha. I'm not going to join until West Yorkshire is fully indexed. No point really.... as I said earlier ...my ancestors thought the world revolved around there. Sue xx