General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Best Christmas pressie ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Dec 2004 15:13

in an attempt to inject some positivity into the boards... what was the best present you were ever given for Christmas ?

Fairy

Fairy Report 13 Dec 2004 15:15

A pair of fur gloves with leather palms when I was a small child, oh and a Timex watch with Luminous hands and numbers. Jo.

Bec

Bec Report 13 Dec 2004 15:16

Last year my little brother bought me Mr and Mrs Potato Head. I actually cried because I'd wanted them for so long and thought everyone had forgotten. Then for my 22nd (3 weeks ago) someone bought me the Mr Potato Head Father Christmas outfit!!!! love becx (and Mr and Mrs Potato Head)

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Dec 2004 15:17

Think my favourite was when I was a kid, I had this tiny little package and when I opened it it was a small toolkit and a padlock... I was momentarily surprised... the bicycle was waiting for me outside :)

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Dec 2004 15:21

I'm just THAT efficient Trish - NB your daughters birthday is the day before mine...

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Dec 2004 15:27

1969 ? lol

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Dec 2004 16:59

Well I didn't think you looked old enough lol Come on folks, its sad to see that there are more replies to the thread re: BAD presents than good ones !

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Dec 2004 17:06

Lynda, Guess what my parents will be getting for Christmas (as well as a TV lol)... Paul

Carrie

Carrie Report 13 Dec 2004 17:09

My mum and dads best ever pressie has to be, ME, born on that fine day numerous years ago......... Carrie

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 13 Dec 2004 17:10

Apart from the flaming pans I mentioned on Baz's thread I think I've liked all of my presents. I'm looking forward to getting the 1841 census for Yorkshire this year! lol. Sad or what! Jeanette x

Chris

Chris Report 13 Dec 2004 19:16

My Mum always used to say my brother was her best Xmas present - born Xmas eve. She'd already had 3 girls. I was the third girl. My best Xmas present was when I was in hospital as a child at Xmas. I got some plastic orange pop beads - I was so excited. The worst part was not being allowed to go outside with the other children to see Santa. I remember being wheeled down to a ward where they were having Xmas carols and being asked by someone with a microphone to say hello to my Mum & Dad. He asked me what my name was and I answered him but when he asked me to say hello to Mum & Dad I was very quiet - I thought that was very silly - I looked around and could see that my parents weren't there. I didn't realize it was being broadcasted on the radio. Needless to say Mum & Dad were listening at home and would have loved to have heard me say hello to them.

Carrie

Carrie Report 13 Dec 2004 21:40

I thought about this long and hard and the only one that really brings a smile to my face is: My first 'Portable' tape recorder, I took it out almost every night over for weeks and we kids danced around to the weekly recordings of TOTP's and the family mumbles in the background, It was the size of a slim Shoe box (Remember them) but that was small in the 70's.

Valice in

Valice in Report 13 Dec 2004 21:47

I remember when I was a child, I always loved the annuals best. (no TV in those days, loved reading) When I was 14 my parents bought me a bracelet, I still wear it to this day and it often gets admired. (i'm now 60)

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Dec 2004 21:50

This is how sad I am ....... until last year I would have said the same as Marion, I love anything that people who love me give. But I think this year's will be the best, getting Family Tree Maker v2005 from my mum and dad, yipppeeeeeee!!! Mandy :)

Luciacw

Luciacw Report 14 Dec 2004 00:50

I don't know yet, but thanks for the census lookups. That was a good pressie. Lucia :-)

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Dec 2004 00:52

A sheepskin jacket given to me when I was Twelve and had nicked on boxing day

Felicity

Felicity Report 14 Dec 2004 00:59

Oh Barry - that's awful! I can't think of a present that stands out particularly as the best at any christmas at the moment and I expect that this will sound daft, but any time I get a present I'm thrilled at the thought that that person must have been thinking about me in the recent past and I didn't know it! Am I silly or what? :-)

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Dec 2004 01:01

That's why I don't give Money that way I have to think about the recipient and their wants

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 14 Dec 2004 07:53

Hi Paul, I pleaded for a pony every Christmas and birthday from the time I learned to talk. When I was seven and a half we were in Wales for Christmas (as usual) with my grandparents. The first present I opened was a new riding hat, the next new jodhpurs, then riding boots. Then some saddle soap. I can still remember not daring to hope............... The next present was grooming brushes and then I knew! I cannot remember ever feeling so elated and full of excitement. The whole extended family had clubbed together to buy me my heart's desire. We bought him in the Spring and he was my best friend until he died when I was 14. Totally the best present ever. Gwynne