General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Downloading Music...........

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 13 Dec 2004 18:45

Can anyone recommend a good site to use??

Sidami

Sidami Report 13 Dec 2004 18:48

Hello Anne, I use KaZaA Lite, I find it ok.........

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 13 Dec 2004 18:50

Hi Sue - yeah heard of this. Is it safe to use? I know people have been warned away from Kazaa - do they charge??

**Linda

**Linda Report 13 Dec 2004 18:59

Hi I had Kazza and my puter crashed my friends to Linda

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 13 Dec 2004 19:03

Thanks All - any other suggestions?? :))

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 13 Dec 2004 19:05

i used to use kaaza and it was free. i had to have major surgery to my puter and so i tried to download it again but discovered they now charge for each song you download. my sons use DC which is free. susie

Auntie Peanut

Auntie Peanut Report 13 Dec 2004 19:29

I use Soulseek. No charges. No problems. Regards Norah

Rus&

Rus& Report 13 Dec 2004 20:26

Hi, try MIRC network , download the MIRC program, chose server and you will find music movies games. if you want any more info email us kaz

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 14 Dec 2004 18:30

Thanks to those who have given suggestions :)) Just nudging for anymore??

Christine2

Christine2 Report 14 Dec 2004 18:40

Hubby likes WinMX. It is a smaller site than Kazza but he had trouble with that. Sometimes on WinMX it gets very busy and you have to queue so it's better to choose a quiet time. You will have to lower your firewall BUT keep your antivirus active as it is a swap programme. You set up a file to download the music into and while you are into the programme others can download (from that file only). Once it is downloaded hubby transfers the music to a different file where it is safe. Chrissie x p.s. It's free

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 14 Dec 2004 22:32

Nudging my own thread!

Jackie

Jackie Report 14 Dec 2004 22:33

i use winmx as well never had any probs and its free

Minnehik

Minnehik Report 15 Dec 2004 05:42

Always use WinMX - Especially for the oldies and goodies. (Depends on how old you are of course - and I'm ancient.) Agree with the other WinMX post and it allows you to break and download the rest later. Never tried the others.

Bob

Bob Report 15 Dec 2004 06:40

Kazaa is full of spyware and not recommended. Instead look for Kazaa Light++ which is ok but no longer supported. Remember that swopping music files is illegal Bob