General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

genealogy

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

helenbell

helenbell Report 13 Dec 2004 21:41

its a wonderfull subject, i have worked hard on my tree and i can still only go back as far as 1830, i have sent countless messages to others and still cant find who i am looking(is that a song) is there anyone on here who iam related to, if not would you adopt me and share yours with me Love Helenxx

Christine

Christine Report 13 Dec 2004 21:42

I have no immediate family with the exception of my husband and son - I would love a family - want to join mine?

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Dec 2004 21:42

no problem Helen -which branch would you like to belong to??? got several - and they are fairly well known lol

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 13 Dec 2004 21:43

Are you rich :o)) E x

helenbell

helenbell Report 13 Dec 2004 21:44

ah thankyou Christine Sheila, how far back have you managed to get?? Helenxx

helenbell

helenbell Report 13 Dec 2004 21:49

Elaine only in as much as i have a wonderfull life, i am healthy,lots of love to share,friendly if you mean money no i'm skint(can you lend me a tenner till Friday) lol Sheila, I have a feeling my Bells first came from Scotland I also have Christies which i also think came from Scotland, but i just can't get back far enough to find out Love Helenxx

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Dec 2004 21:53

on several of my dads line back to the late 1600's, mums side back to early 1800's but on hubbys side - oh boy!!!!! way way back - and all confirmed and some REALLY interesting people in it - hey you could do some of the interviews with the press for me couldnt you lol

helenbell

helenbell Report 13 Dec 2004 21:54

sounds good lol Love Helenxx

Len of the Chilterns

Len of the Chilterns Report 13 Dec 2004 22:05

I am past it now but most of my pre-1837 information was gleaned from Parish records, searching cemetaries, visiting the towns/villages where my forbears lived. If a place was too inconvenient to visit, I employed a researcher recommended by the local FHS. I got some useful information from a one-name society (supplied by GOONS). Is there one for your surname? Have you consulted the Genealogical Research Directory? If its Bell you are after, there are hundreds listed as reasearching that name. Len

helenbell

helenbell Report 13 Dec 2004 23:11

Thanks Len I am going to take a look at that It is Bells i a looking for, its like looking for a needle in a haystack Thanks again Len Love Helen

Chris

Chris Report 13 Dec 2004 23:19

I know there are Christies in Keith Banff Scotland - any help?

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 13 Dec 2004 23:23

Helen I've got Bells in my family. About 90% of them appear transcribed as BALLS! AND I cant get back before 1826 with any certainty. So you arent alone by any means. Shall we both go over there in the corner and cry?

MikeyJay

MikeyJay Report 14 Dec 2004 00:05

If you want a Canadian, my daughter's boss is Helen Bell... lovely person, too! MichaelX