General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

had some very sad news today):

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 14 Dec 2004 16:03

a friend of my brothers has only days to live .he has cancer.i have known this man over 20 years.known him from when i was just twelve years old.he's only 37.why has life got to be so cruel.i cannot understand itx):

Lisa

Lisa Report 14 Dec 2004 16:06

my emotions are withheld at the moment just cannot believe that this can happen to such a lovely guy.haven't seen him for twelve years but my brother still sees him.he has two sons who are just babies.feel very numb at the moment.xxxx):

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 14 Dec 2004 16:07

so sorry to hear that Lisa, and even worse for some reason just before Christmas. Ann Glos

Lisa

Lisa Report 14 Dec 2004 16:08

thankyou for your kind words.like you said just before christmas.he is actually on morphine now and doesn't know what is happening around him.xxx):

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 14 Dec 2004 16:09

lisa sweetie thats awful, and just adds more to how rubbish your feeling at the mo! look you got my number, anytime you wanna chat im here love and huggles xxxxxx

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Dec 2004 16:10

Lisa... that is very sad, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope when the end comes, it's painless, and that you all can concentrate on remembering the man, and not his passing...

Nanna Gaynor  (June nr Preston's Daughter)

Nanna Gaynor (June nr Preston's Daughter) Report 14 Dec 2004 16:13

Oh Lisa I am so sorry, something similar happened to me once .... someone I had know since I was about 16... hadn't seen him for about 6 or 7 years, I heard similar devasting news and it was cancer the same, and then I bumped into the guy in the local shop of all places shortly before he passed away, he couldn't speak because of his treatment and I just hugged him and told him was looking well (incredibly he did) said it was lovely to see him. It all sounded so mundane but it WAS said with feeling. That was the last time I saw him. Thinking about you. Gaynor :-)

Lisa

Lisa Report 14 Dec 2004 16:14

thankyou all your words of comfort mean so much to me.xxxx):

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 14 Dec 2004 16:16

Thinking of your friend and his family, that is so sad. It puts everything into perspective really doesn't it.? We might moan about all there is to do at this time of year and so many would love to have the chance to be out and about. I have a friend who has been told this is probably her last Christmas. She would love to be well enough to visit a shop to choose her grandchildren's presents, instead she is in bed recovering from yet more cancer treatment.

Lisa

Lisa Report 14 Dec 2004 16:16

gaynor i really am questioning is there really agod.to inflict so much pain on a human being is unbearable.but another friend who died of cancer 3 years ago really believed that everyones life is mapped out for themxxxx):

Carole

Carole Report 14 Dec 2004 16:17

Hi, I don't know you, but I am so sorry to hear your sad news. My brother is 36 and he had a cancerous tumour removed this year - thankfully they think they got it all. It seems so much worse when they are so young doesn't it? So unfair. Certainly puts things into perspective - life is too short.

Lisa

Lisa Report 14 Dec 2004 16:47

thankyou baz for your kind words.my brother is going to see him tomorrow.even though he does not know or recognise anybody now he feels that in his heart he has to see him one last timexxx):

Nanna Gaynor  (June nr Preston's Daughter)

Nanna Gaynor (June nr Preston's Daughter) Report 14 Dec 2004 17:01

I agree, if only someone somewhere could find a way of curing cancer it is tragic and devastating, but the only positive (if that's the correct word to use) is that so many people seem to discover the best in themselves and a strength that they would never have believed they had. It would be better though if we never had to find that out in such a final way.... it sounds far too poetic. Just remember him for who he was and not for what is happening now, if your brother feels he needs to say his goodbyes then he is right to do so...... and you too Lisa if you feel it might help you come to terms with the situation. It was unplanned that I saw my friend so soon before he passed away but I am so glad I did. :-)

Lisa

Lisa Report 14 Dec 2004 17:04

very sad now gaynor going to sign off now.thankyou to you all for your kind words.i love you allxxxxxx):

NicolaDunbyNocula

NicolaDunbyNocula Report 14 Dec 2004 17:14

I'm so sorry to here your sad news, my thoughts are with you and his family. Nicol xxx

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 14 Dec 2004 17:27

Oh Lisa I'm so sorry. It is very painful to lose someone. Fortunately in my family it is old age that has taken them from us, so you can be sad but accept that they had long and fulfilled lives. When it is someone young it is so difficult to come to grips with. Life is so unfair sometimes. I know what I want to say to you but can't really put it into words..... just sorry and my thoughts are with you. Aileen xxxxxxxxx

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 14 Dec 2004 17:49

sorry to hear this , my thoughts are with you and your brother, i know what it feels like as someone i grew up with has been diagnosed with tumour, he has 2 girls and is in early 40s, he came in my works other week and i was shocked,( i work in chemist) i wouldnt have known him in the street, he looked old in the face had lost weight, had to have surgery for another problem not concerning tumour, i could have cried when i was talking to him, but if hes being strong you have to try to cheer them up dont you. i keep hoping the news will be good and it will not take him , as we lost my mum to this 11 years ago, christmas eve, i hope shes protecting our friend as she wouldnt want to see him leave his family my thoughts are with you and feel free to chat to us about it

Daniel

Daniel Report 14 Dec 2004 17:51

Sorry to here that terribly sad news.

June

June Report 14 Dec 2004 18:12

My heart goes out to his family and to yours. June xx