General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

just been told im now not getting promoted

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 15 Dec 2004 13:48

I was promised a promotion, had several meetings with the guy i was gonna be working for, already started up our new system and stuff and it was all gonna get going in the new year. My boss just spoke to me and said the guy i was gonna be working for is now gonna be based elsewhere so i am going to have to stick with what im doing now, no payrise (which now means i am not going to be able to move out) and thats it. i really cant believe it! someone else is getting my promotion and i just gotta live with it.

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 15 Dec 2004 13:52

Just spoke to my mum, shes signing me up at some agencies now....just wondering whats gonna go wrong next!

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 15 Dec 2004 13:58

no, nothing in writing, they were half way through aggreeing my pay work load, cover for me and contract etc when he got moved. just feel so upset. Just cant understand how they expect me to be ok about it. nearly cried when she told me, but i aint gonna let them idiots see me in tears.

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Dec 2004 14:00

Oh Steedie, so sorry to hear this. That's typical isn't it, change their minds before you can get anything in writing. Hope 2005 sees you with a brilliant new job. Take care hun, Mandy xx

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 15 Dec 2004 14:01

dont wanna be a bloody secretary anyway! anyone need a receptionist....?

Bec

Bec Report 15 Dec 2004 14:09

Oh honey :-( I may need a PA soon... the job will mainly involve finding me attractive men, shopping and getting drunk... can you fufil that criteria? lol What will be will be, the job obviously wasn't good enough for you!!! love becx

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 15 Dec 2004 14:17

yes, on one condition, i can have some of the fellas! xx

Bec

Bec Report 15 Dec 2004 14:18

Of course!!!! I have 4 available at the moment if you fancy sharing? lol Get on MSN!!!

Lisa

Lisa Report 15 Dec 2004 14:45

thats very mean steedie you must be gutted.i always say if you don't get something then it isn't right for you and something else will turn up bigger and better.love and hugsxxxx(:

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 15 Dec 2004 15:10

Do I assume that he is being moved to another area (i.e. another town/county? ) In which case you have no come back I wouldn't think. But if it is just another area in the building that would be different. However, as Lisa says, it probably wasn't meant for you. better to move the job now than after you had taken promotion because then that job may have been superfluous and you might have been redundant. it is one thing to look for a job while you are being paid but quite another to be out of work looking for a job. I hope you find something else, have you tried temping? Might find something more interesting that way. good Luck Ann Glos

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 15 Dec 2004 15:58

have just got the number for a temping agency, im just not that confident and im nervous at the thought of having to go to something new, there has been too much change recently and i was just getting my head sorted, and right now all i want is a cuddle from Dave.x

Bec

Bec Report 15 Dec 2004 16:00

You'll have to make do with a virtual squeeze from me! XXXXXX and lots of kisses!!! becx

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 15 Dec 2004 16:17

Awww...ok thats just as good as a dave cuddle! xxx

*  Bridget *

* Bridget * Report 15 Dec 2004 16:22

so sorry to hear about your rotten luck. sending BIG HUG (((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 15 Dec 2004 16:27

Bridget...puff....cant....breath....puff Cor watta hug! thanks hun! xxxx

*  Bridget *

* Bridget * Report 15 Dec 2004 16:29

your welcome good luck in looking for another job!

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 15 Dec 2004 20:02

well i have phoned a couple of agencies, they all reckon its not worth takin me on! reckon i should stay there for another 8 months. How the hell can i do this?? x

Josette

Josette Report 15 Dec 2004 20:20

Steph sorry to hear that mate Luv Jo xx

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ*

*ღ*Dee in Bexleyheath*ღ* Report 15 Dec 2004 20:29

Steph, you have youth, beauty, personality and freedom to be what YOU want to be. You have your whole life in front of you! You can do whatever you want. Just find the confidence to do it! Only regret what you HAVEN'T done...never what you have. Happy Christmas love... Dee x PS I forgive you for not mentioning me in your (drunken) thread LOL xxxx