General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I've had enough!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Benjamin

Benjamin Report 15 Dec 2004 22:00

I have had enough of all these arguments. I didnt mean to be ungrateful, but I am itching to find out info on my 4xgreat grandfather, and I have gone round and round in circles trying to find him. Maybe I am best just leaving this board altogether.

sandra rogers

sandra rogers Report 15 Dec 2004 22:05

ben dont be daft we all have are pit falls x

Benjamin

Benjamin Report 15 Dec 2004 22:17

Sorry I got a bit stressed. It happens and when I get angry I do say stupid things like threaten to leave. Maybe I should take a couple of days off from posting and come back the weekend.

John

John Report 15 Dec 2004 22:18

Hi Ben I take it that the surname is the same as yours you are seeking? I'll see if something turns up for you. John

helenbell

helenbell Report 15 Dec 2004 22:21

I thought all the arguments were all done and dusted now But Banjamin, if you are looking for relatives you wont find them on the general topics board, we are all looking for our ancestors but this board is for general topics the sign in front of me now says Trying to find messages will be removed from this board!!! Sorry if i am not offering you any help but i come on this board to take time out from my search Helen

Pat

Pat Report 15 Dec 2004 22:24

Benjamin Its me that's always going around in circles!!!LOL! Whether you were itching to find something out or not, that's not the point, we are all itching to find things out, so you are certainly not alone there. But If you come across as rude than I cannot blame the person getting upset, OK you asked for something specific and you got Ancestry, these things happen. Maybe an apology would be better than getting all angry at everyone on the site and wanting to leave, what will leaving the site accomplish?. Marion yes leaving the computer for a few minutes or counting to ten always helps when you feel agitated. Don't forget Benjamin you can always ask again and say Ancestry not needed thank you. Just take a minute, like when we had Betts down on us, just keep going, try again tomorrow, please. Pat x

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Dec 2004 22:33

Hi benjamin, Your anguish at not finding rellies quick enough is understood by most - if not all - of us. We do understand, and its only natural to loose it once in a while. Maybe the people who ansewered your request on Records didn't understand the difference OR maybe just wanted to help any way they could. Come on Ben, you have several good threads going at the moment, especially the 1911 census one. Don't give up ... we all go round in circle's from time to time .. it means your human, and so are the people trying to help you. Just be happy to be part of the "going round in circles club" !! If you would like to swap tree's I'd be more than happy ...!! I have 2 Thomasson brothers marrying 2 Shawcross sisters, same month, same year. Each couple had 8 children ... and guess what, both couples gave their children the SAME names. Two Thomasson children married 2 Warburtons .. in the same year I think ...then I gave up ... cos I was going round in circles !! Have an early nite Ben and come back refreshed tomorrow. We'll all be waiting for you. Both on here and the Records Office. Elaine :-)