General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Your favourite Christmas memories ...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Dec 2004 22:52

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Dec 2004 22:53

What's your favourite Christmas memory ? Mine is when I was about 7yrs old, waking up on Christmas morning and running downstairs to the smell of the Turkey cooking. My brother & I knocking each other out of the way to find our pressies first. Then it was getting dressed with layers and layers of jumpers and coats, scarves, hats etc and taking the dog for a walk in the nearby fields, amongst the eiry backdrop of fog and bare tree's. Hearing the frost crunch underneath our wellies and making the most of it by stamping footprints where ever we could, watching the breath coming from the dogs mouth as he bounded around us, my brother and I racing each other and the dog from one end of the field to the other. Our Grandparents stood leaning on the gate with big smiles on their faces. Cold fingers and cold toes and the hurt as Nana rubbed our fingers vigously to try and stop the tears from running down my cheeks. Walking home with Nana holding one hand and Grandad holding the other ... the dog pulling my brother on the lead ! And walking into a lovely warm cottage with the Christmas Tree still standing and wrapping paper scattered all around the floor... and having to tidy it all up before the rest of the family all arrived in their cars ... the whole place was full of joy and laughter .... and I remember looking upwards to all those faces and just knowing I would never forget that day. Those were the days I will never forget ... anyone with similar memories ? Elaine :-) I'd like to take this opportunity to wish each and everyone of you a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Its rare I come on "General" but since I'm here I can't miss this opportunity. Happy Christmas EVERYONE Elaine :-)

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Dec 2004 23:01

Sorry to those who replied origionally .. my PC froze whilst I was updating ... and I starting hitting buttons left right & centre ... :-( Elaine :-)