General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Morning all!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 16 Dec 2004 08:31

And what a lovely....well not lovely.....day it is today. In Harlow its wet, windy and horrible. he kids have their coats on ready for school. all excited cos its school parties this afternoon. And Im going to make the most of my last full day before they break up tomorrow.......Elaine x :o))

Estelle

Estelle Report 16 Dec 2004 08:34

Morning Elaine - hubbie is taking Daniel to nursery so haven't ventured out yet but it looks very grim! Just about to start work... Have a fab day! Estelle x

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 16 Dec 2004 08:44

Morning Elaine, Miserable day here in Surrey too. Grandson at pre school. Breaks up today. Starts reception in January. Can't believe it. Promised him we'd make a cake tomorrow. Good old Victoria sponge with loads of butter icing on top and jam in between. That should keep him amused. Have a good day. Aileen

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 16 Dec 2004 08:52

Good morning Elaine, horrible, dark, rainy and very windy here in Edinburgh. Off to see my youngest, who's a wise man in his nativity play this morning. Already we've had tears,tantrums and stage fright, so here's hoping it goes alright! Christine

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 16 Dec 2004 08:57

Well the rain stopped long enough to get the kids to school, Im gonna get the bus to town now & treat myself to a bacon & egg mcmuffin meal out of maccy Ds. Doing a last sweep of the shops while im child free, and may,...just may....but myself a choccy bar mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm chocolate....... E x :o))

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Dec 2004 08:59

Morning Elaine and all, from a damp, dark and miserable Somerset. Never mind, it's my day off today so I can snuggle up in comfy trackies in front of the fire (or in front of the pc maybe!). Our children don't break up until next Tuesday, so the mums round here aren't quite so stressed yet lol! Mandy :)

Winter Drawers Ever Near

Winter Drawers Ever Near Report 16 Dec 2004 09:01

Morning Maz Sorry was tapping a reply to Elaine and didn't know you were up and about. Hope your son feels better soon. That's the thing with asthma isn't it. The damn weather can kick start it off. My brother had asthma as a child and my cousin too. He's 6ft 4 the big lump. He suffered really bad. My aunt was at the hospital in London twice a week with him. Tried everything. Then some old biddy said she should get him chest expanders to stretch his lungs. Got them. Maybe coincidence but he out grew the asthma. So did my brother. Worth a try. See you around. Aileen

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Dec 2004 09:03

its not morning again already??? miserable looking outside - so wont go out - may venture out tomorrow - to get a present for the new baby next door just waiting on family in Aus coming online to see Isobel 'helping' then with the Christmas tree - just hope she doesnt start climbing it - lol

Andy

Andy Report 16 Dec 2004 09:04

Just dull and grey up here, was drizzling a bit on the way into work. Feeling a bit grim, this morning - lack of sleep, I reckon. zzzzz

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 16 Dec 2004 13:13

Afternoon all ! Mc muffin was lovely and I bought myself some of them chocolate things that look like pringles,,,,,mmmmmmm,,,,, Been naughty & bought 2 playstation games (well 2 for £20) I couldnt resist ! Suns out now and the rain has come and gone. Nice to see you Lynda, hurry up and get your finger out & post some jokes.:o)) E x

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 16 Dec 2004 16:21

Well its all gone downhill rapidly Connie is asleep on the armchair, shes got a slight temperature, I suspect its her tonsils up cos shes had a sore throat the last few days. gave calpol at 4 pm & will take her to walk in center when dave gets home. Fed up now Elaine x :o((((