General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Why don't parents...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 16 Dec 2004 19:10

Why don't parents think about the implications of their children's first and surnames before burdening them with them? I know 2 children one called Mary Christmas and the other Theresa Green. Anyone else got any interesting/funny combinations?

Threegolds

Threegolds Report 16 Dec 2004 19:13

I work with a Miles Moore! deb:o)

chezzy

chezzy Report 16 Dec 2004 19:36

my mum has a cousin named andrew pratt..(a pratt)lol my best mates surname is cockton and her ex's surname was peacock so either way her child had c*ck init.

Anne from Scotland

Anne from Scotland Report 16 Dec 2004 19:54

A boy at my school was called PHILIP MC CRACKEN! He was known as PHIL!!!!

Sean

Sean Report 16 Dec 2004 20:50

theres a man at south eastern trains in ramsgate called phil cocks ! poor man

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 16 Dec 2004 21:07

I have seen so many through the years as a teacher,but the child I felt most sorry for was Tania Hyde-her parents were totally unaware of what they had burdened her with. Mind you I can talk.My surmane was Crewe so in my first teaching post I was Miss Crewe- Say it quickly,got it?TEACHING TEENAGERS WAS NO JOKE- Rose ramblin again

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 16 Dec 2004 21:09

That reminds me I taught with a lovely lady called Myrtle Burtle who has one baby after another,I'm afraid we on the staff nicknamed her Fertl,mertl,bertl