General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

NOW THATS WHAT I CALL....A CHALLENGE!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

♫Jilly McMad♫

♫Jilly McMad♫ Report 16 Dec 2004 21:05

can someone please help me??? I am trying to find out what songs were on the original Now! That's What I Call Music (LP)!! I remember Howard jones - New Song was on it as well as UB40 Red Red wine and Kajagoogoo - Too shy (god they dont make 'em like that anymore!!) If someone has this album would you please give me the playlist of songs so that I can get them all on one compilation and relive my youth!!! (also looking for any other of the Now! Thats What I Call Music collections) cheers.... Jill x x (living in the 80's!)

♥ Katz

♥ Katz Report 16 Dec 2004 21:11

Think the first 'Now that's what I call music" was out in the 80's. Had it myself on LP - had a black cover - unfortunately don't have it any more........... If only we knew at the time we'd be looking back so nostalgically - Aahhh - those were the days. Kxx

Jane

Jane Report 16 Dec 2004 21:23

i've got a lot of them on vinyl and now CD, but first one i got was Now 3, so am really struggling to remember what was on the first one !!!!! Just had a look at the year of Now 3 and it was 1984.......... how old do i feel now !!! Jane

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Dec 2004 21:24

From 1982 You Can't Hurry Love - Phil Collins (2:52) Come on Eileen - Dexy's Midnight Runners (4:06) The Look of Love (Pt. 1) - ABC (3:28) Save a Prayer - Duran Duran (3:45) Ebony and Ivory - P. McCartney & S. Wonder (3:42) Do You Really Want to Hurt Me - Culture Club (4:23) I Don't Wanna Dance - Eddy Grant (3:39) House of Fun - Madness (2:48) Really Saying Something - Bananarama (2:41) Mirror Man - Human League (3:48) What? - Soft Cell (2:50) Talk Talk - Talk Talk (3:21) Promised You a Miracle - Simple Minds (3:58) Mad World - Tears for Fears (3:34) The Model - Kraftwerk (3:39) Da Da Da (Englische) - Trio (3:20) Only You - Yazoo (3:08) Maid of Orleans - OMD (4:10) Disc Two: Layla - Derek and the Dominos (7:11) Golden Brown - The Stranglers (3:26) A Celebration - U2 (2:56) Senses Working Overtime - XTC (4:35) Town Called Malice - The Jam (2:52) Young Guns - Wham! (3:40) Some Guys Have all the Luck - R. Palmer (3:08) Mama Used to Say - Junior (3:35) Ooh La La La - Kool & the Gang (3:31) Walking on Sunshine - Rockers Revenge (3:43) The Message - Grandmaster Flash (3:10) It Started With a Kiss - Hot Chocolate (4:01) Eye of the Tiger - Survivor (3:58) Centrefold - J. Geils Band (3:37) Annie, I'm Not Your Daddy - Kid Creole and the Coconuts (3:47) Mickey - Toni Basil (4:09) Just What I Always Wanted - Mari Wilson (3:23) More than This - Roxy Music (4:09)

♫Jilly McMad♫

♫Jilly McMad♫ Report 16 Dec 2004 21:59

thanks peeps!! She...what would i do without you helping me out....I'll have a look at that site too Stu - thanks..... not tried ebay but was going there next!! lol Jill x

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Dec 2004 22:02

Hi Jill - that was a blast from the past! When we were on honeymoon, there was a band playing covers - the same ones every night - so we remember Red Red Wine very well! Showing my age even more, we went to a place on honeymoon that doesn't even exist any more - Yugoslavia LOL. Mandy :)