General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What line/s are you researching?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Daniel

Daniel Report 17 Dec 2004 15:52

I concentrate on my paternal blood relatives and am trying to make progress on my irish maternal side. The irish are rich but just wont talk. Very frustrating as they are all over the place and don't communicate with each other. Closer to home, my maternal grandmother's family are here- The Mcdonnells.They haven't moved from Birkenhead since they first arrived about 1900. There's plenty of him but I just don't feel need to include them in a tree. Do you do total ancestry or just a specific line/s?

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 17 Dec 2004 16:01

Hi Daniel I have mainly concentrated on my Dad's paternal line and my namesakes. Done quite well but in the process of trying to knowck down a brickwall. Have started to dabble into others now I'm stuck. As you know I've just got in touch with a lady from my Mum's maternal line so I'll probably be doing a bit more research on that side. I tend to try and find out as much as I can about my direct line but can't resist the temptation to trace other names if they prove to be easier! lol Jeanette x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Dec 2004 16:02

Hi dan, been doing it a few years now so doing total, both mine and husbands, got several brick walls though. Ann Glos

Bec

Bec Report 17 Dec 2004 16:04

I'm just doing my paternal side for right now, am researching the Battys, Lowes, Richardsons, Harrisons amongst others. Then I can have a go at my maternal side - Flavell And eventually my step-parents - Gallally and Tzortzoglou! Lol

Bec

Bec Report 17 Dec 2004 16:21

Manda - Gallally is Irish and Tzortoglou (pronounced zortz-og-loo) is Cretan! My step-mothers family contains approx 1000 living relatives at the moment (cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents etc)!!

Sidami

Sidami Report 17 Dec 2004 16:22

Daniel, I research all my branches.........when I get stuck I go onto another one

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Dec 2004 16:34

Not only am I doing all branches, I'm also doing both my adoptive and birth trees. Think I might have bitten off more than I can chew here ...... I look at the updated names summary on my homepage and think 'I didn't realise I had any of them in my tree' lol. Mandy :)

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Dec 2004 22:04

researching all sides of families and have gone back several generations for my ex-husbands side so our children have the full picture so to speak

Karen

Karen Report 20 Dec 2004 04:06

Hi Daniel, sorry i dont read boards each day as you can probably gather! I am doing all my family.... ie. all my grandparents parents etc etc and their siblings are getting added on,,,, and my cousins and their kids etc etc . It gets me complicated, i have loads of paper work and its all in a muddle, but I am very pleased with what i have found out myself.

Weynetta

Weynetta Report 20 Dec 2004 16:26

Me, I'm just searching for my Dad's family. He always denied their existence, and although he had his reasons, if it wasn't true, then it wasn't right. Thanks to GR, it looks like I might have found them, despite the name being Jones!

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Dec 2004 16:28

am attempting to follow all the branches in my tree.... and have just started on the wife's too :)

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 20 Dec 2004 16:31

Am doing both maternal and paternal sides, switch between them when I get stuck/bored!