General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I'm designing our company website...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bec

Bec Report 18 Dec 2004 16:27

Does anyone have any opinions on good/bad websites? Would love to know what people like/dislike to see on websites. Any help much appreciated. Love becx (Aegean Blue)

Daniel

Daniel Report 18 Dec 2004 16:29

www*supremeevents*com Good and, I don't know, just works well. Good Luck.

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 18 Dec 2004 16:35

Hiya Becs, good luck with designing the site, I would just love to know which Good Sites I can go onto as I am a complete novice & I don't know where to start. ****So Good Luck****

Bec

Bec Report 18 Dec 2004 16:38

Thanks Daniel - that's a superb site but this is my first go so I won't aim too high! Lorraine - We've bought this package from a great bloke who makes it so easy you can actually do it all yourself. I'm not a complete novice but they do give you a template. If you're interested in seeing the template send me an email and I'll post you the address. Becx

A. Neil

A. Neil Report 19 Dec 2004 15:01

Hi Becs. I have read what should happen on your website. It should load up fast, not everyone has the fast computer or broadband, and the less animation, the better. go to www*bravenet.com and theyhave a lot of info on the site. Good luck and it is easy once you know how. I did mine on netscape and it was easy to do. neil

Andy

Andy Report 20 Dec 2004 08:57

try www.wdvl(.)com for ideas as well. You can use just pure HTML to create a website although I've used Dreamweaver in the past.

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 20 Dec 2004 09:05

BEC,when I go in on a website I usually have a specific question I want answered.It infuriates me having to wade through page after page of irrelevant dross trying to find the answer to my question. A really good index saves time and frustration -and tempers. Perhaps you could compile an information sheet of the most frequently asked questions relating to the service or product you offer as reasearch in helping you formulate the imformation you need to give and the organisation of it. Hope it is a help. Rose

Bec

Bec Report 20 Dec 2004 10:11

Thanks Rosemary! becx