General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

It's Snowing in Bristle

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joan Allan

Joan Allan Report 19 Dec 2004 05:32

It's snowing here in Bristol and settling. Nothing was forecast for snow. I am off to the Peak District soon and am hoping for snow up there over the Christmas period. Cannot wait for a nice, relaxing break with my husband, son and son's godparents. Everyone say, awwww, I have a Boxing Day birthday. Husband and son buys me separate presents (they have been warned) but family always gave me joint birthday and christmas presents - usually pyjamas and slippers. My Aunt Minnie always gave me 2/6p for my birthday so I could buy a book.

badger

badger Report 19 Dec 2004 06:40

Like Linda all we've had is hail and rain,though they did say it might snow later,but in newcastle it normally snows the week after christmas [sigh],still we can't have it all can we.At least the grandson arrived home last night and we have him till the new year,only problem now is ,between him ,and the missus ,i never even got a sniff of my puter last night ,so i got up early this morning.Fred.ptfg.

Joan Allan

Joan Allan Report 19 Dec 2004 06:50

Well Fred, Have you been to PC World? Top of the list to get your computer back is buy them one for Christmas - budget allowing. Our son procrastinated (is that the word) that he couldn't get online with the old PC we had given him. Daddy (with bottomless pocket - as our son believes) provides son with cheap laptop within 24 hours. Cheeky little monkey he is, he decides to ask Dad for a few?? quid within 48 hours - he got it too!! From what I can work out Dad has paid for son's presents to us, family and his friends too. Would like to know how our son gets away with it as I have to beg for a few bob more.

Mags

Mags Report 19 Dec 2004 07:08

I've just been to check! I know we were having 'thick rain' last night coming back down the M4 towards home - but this is a surprise! Where abouts are you Joan? Magsxx P.S. (added 7.11) Yep! - cat very wet!

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 19 Dec 2004 07:14

Morning Joan, keep that snow there!.. I used to look forward to my 2/6, that bought a Ladybird book! :)

Joan Allan

Joan Allan Report 19 Dec 2004 07:19

Dear Christine The Ladybird books are the range I used to buy. I thought they were great until siblings kicked in and wrote/ruined all of them. Got my revenge and bought our son all of the 'Classics' range when he was about 3 years old. Husband now reads them when he hasn't got a library book out.

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Dec 2004 07:45

Yes and also have snow along the road in Zummerzet. Melting in the roads now though. We are whizzing down to Dorset to clear our caravan for the winter, so hope there's no ice on the roads! See you all tonight, Mandy :)

Mags

Mags Report 19 Dec 2004 07:50

You take care Mandy! - do NOT whizz - go slowly! Magsxx