General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Till at Morrison's ran out of memory.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 19 Dec 2004 16:30

Went and did my big Christmas shop at Morrison's. The till ran out of memory before all my goodies had gone through. 221 items scanned. Supervisor had to be called. We had to pay for it. £244.63. Then the remaining items were scanned. Another 18 items, £12.02p. I have never had this or seen this happen before. Has anyone else. Hubby nearly had a fit. Just have to get fresh milk, veg now. Oh yes I forgot the Potato Croquets and Orange and Lemon Slices. Jenny. PS there was only about £40 of booze bought. The rest was all food.

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 19 Dec 2004 16:57

Jenny I bet the supervisor got a shock when the till would't work. I have never known any till run out of memory. I worked at Netto and there was 3 girls used come in monthly to buy groceries for a home where they worked. Their bill for their food would always exceed £300 and always paid in cash. First time for anything.lol Sue

Christine

Christine Report 19 Dec 2004 20:53

Did my main shop yesterday - not a fantastic total as there are only two of us - but I want to go to the party of the couple in front of us - 627.49 and not one item of food - all booze!!!!!!!!!!

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 19 Dec 2004 21:20

Jenny, your shop must have been the reason that the tills were slow in our branch of Morrissons. You overloaded it! LOL Have a lovely Christmas and New Year. Viv :-)