General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Are you ready for Christmas yet?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

POSITIVE Pauline

POSITIVE Pauline Report 20 Dec 2004 23:46

Wish I was - still loads to do - 74 year old mother arriving on Thursday pm - loads of shopping to do, and got to work every day as well. Have at least ordered my meat today from local butcher to pick up Christmas Eve before work. I'm sure it will be fine really, but.................................................. Merry Christmas everyone. Pauline

Peter

Peter Report 20 Dec 2004 23:48

All done but the milk and cream. and lots of that

Josette

Josette Report 20 Dec 2004 23:48

still got couple of things to buy Pauline lol merry xmas xxxx

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Dec 2004 23:48

Pauline Have a large gin and tonic! Everything will be fine. If anyone complains, give them a large gin and tonic too. nell

badger

badger Report 21 Dec 2004 07:49

I still have a few things to get,but i am waiting for my son to take me out to the town in my car as i can't drive till the new year.I am however organized as regards the cooking ,i have decided to do it all at home ,meat wise ,and just carve it Christmas morning ,and take it to the daughters with me,and i will be taking the gammon out of the freezer at dinner time today.Fred.ptfg.

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 21 Dec 2004 07:53

Im nearly all done, just a few bits to pack & a few pressies to wrap. Where are you in cornwall?? were going to visit a friend over xmas in Penzance Elaine x

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 21 Dec 2004 10:58

Ready for Xmas??? You must be joking!!!!! Have the builders in (still!!). The old builders deserted us a month ago, and the new builders have spent the last week taking apart some of the things the old builders did that turned out to be "unsatisfactory" - there are other words that spring to mind, but better not commit them to paper!! Did manage to get most of my cards ready in time for GPO deadline, but haven't done any Xmas shopping - good job crimbo dinner is at my Mum's!! Have hung decs around all the builders dust, but not sure yet where we're going to put the Xmas tree - think the only thing to do is to hit the scotch - big time!! Happy Xmas to all!!

Nanna Gaynor  (June nr Preston's Daughter)

Nanna Gaynor (June nr Preston's Daughter) Report 21 Dec 2004 11:31

Hi Fred <smiles and waves> hope you are feeling better :-)............. everything done here except for the veg, cream etc which I can't really get untill Christmas Eve. I am hoping to get as much done as I can on Christmas Eve so that we literally only have to cook the dinner Christmas Day. My hubby is a good cook and can't keep out of the kitchen - I'm definatelt not complaining but you know what they say about too many cooks.... I'm hoping that if I get as much done preparation wise while he is still at work on Christmas Eve, we will be in for a less stressful Chistmas ;-) lol

Jack (Sahara)

Jack (Sahara) Report 21 Dec 2004 11:50

I'm getting there. I've just got some wrapping to do because we ran out of sellotape! Am starting to look forward to it now. Hope you all have a wonderful christmas. Jack x

POSITIVE Pauline

POSITIVE Pauline Report 21 Dec 2004 23:48

Hi All Just managed to put mother off until Christmas Eve now, so takes the pressure off a bit. Elaine, we live in a little village called Mount, about 6 miles from Bodmin - it's about an hour from Penzance. Hope you enjoy your visit. Been to our local Asda this evening and spent loads on food/booze. Still got to find something for hubbie John to unwrap. Think the usual trousers/jumpers etc will be coming out somehow, plus a bottle of his favourite tipple, Glavar. Anyway, off to bed now. Take care all and safe journies to those who are travelling - white stuff is forecast! Pauline