General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Twas The Day

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 22 Dec 2004 19:00

After Christmas. Twas the day after Christmas and all through the house, Every creature was hurtin`,even the mouse. The toys were broken,their batteries dead, Santa passed out,with ice on his head. Wrapping and ribbons just covered the floor, While upstairs,the family continue to snore. And I in my t-shirt,new Reeboks and jeans, Go into the kitchen,and start to clean. When out on the lawn,there arose such a clatter, I sprung from the sink,to see what`s the matter. Away from the window I flew like a flash Tore open the curtains,and threw up the sash. When what to my wondering eyes should appear ? But a man on a bike,with a bag front and rear. The guy he was smiling, still eating his toast, The patch on his jacket said "GB Post" With a handful of bills,he grinned like a fox, Then swiftly stuffed them into our box, Bill after bill, and still they came, Whistling and shouting,he called them by name. Now Asda,now Tesco, now Telecom, clear, Here`s Debenhams, Curry`s and Wilkinsons. Oh Dear ! To the tip of your limit,every stall every mall, Now charge away,charge away all. He whooped and he whistled as he finished his work, He filled up the box,and then with a jerk He sprang on his bike, and was off down the road. Riding much faster,with just half a load. Then I heard him exclaim with great holiday cheer, "ENJOY WHAT YOU GOT, YOU`LL BE PAYING ALL YEAR". Merry Christmas everyone, Baz. xxx

Bren from Oldham

Bren from Oldham Report 22 Dec 2004 19:06

Hi Baz Very amusing it made me laugh,but unfortunately it will be so true for many people Merry Christmas & Peaceful New Year Bren

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 22 Dec 2004 19:23

Hi Bren.xx