General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Old Photos

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lesley

Lesley Report 22 Dec 2004 22:02

Hello, Wow, I have had such a good day today I thought I would share it with you. My parents have visited today and have produced some really old photos that I had no idea existed. I have been able to put faces to names that I have been researching for the past few months - including some of my great grandparents. One tip I would give to anyone is to write the names on the back of really old photos - it will be helpful to future generations, like our great grandchildren. Merry Xmas and a Happy 2005 everybody. Lesley

Frances in Norwich

Frances in Norwich Report 22 Dec 2004 22:07

Lesley, I know that feeling! My Mum keeps coming up with "new" photos (that she has never mentioned before) which hold a wealth of information and really help bring my research to life. I love to see all the old photos and put faces to names, it also gives a clue to how they lived. Wonderful stuff, I am glad you have had such a good day! Frances