General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Old sweats

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 22 Dec 2004 23:07

Right chaps, when we was in the khaki garb, etc can you recall the size of the Mug, in which we had our tea. was it a full pint mug? or half-pint?

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 22 Dec 2004 23:19

how's that.......?I think it didnt like the quote marks........

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 22 Dec 2004 23:19

better. LOL

Saints Alive

Saints Alive Report 22 Dec 2004 23:21

brown tin or white enamel mug not being a smartarse but the size did change over the years , I only joined in 1968 the reason for asking :-)

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 22 Dec 2004 23:23

In My day(1960) it was a white porcelaine mug..........thought it was a pint.........but may be wrong.......often got asked to fetch a pot of tea back, and a couple of slices of toast....think we needed a big pot to get the bromide in.........LOL

Saints Alive

Saints Alive Report 22 Dec 2004 23:25

1968 brown tin half pint belive that white enamel was also halfpint but not sure :-)

Saints Alive

Saints Alive Report 22 Dec 2004 23:31

Ah must be talking National Service In that case I do'nt what I'm talking about :-)

Saints Alive

Saints Alive Report 22 Dec 2004 23:34

I stand to Attention Corrected Sir :-)

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 22 Dec 2004 23:37

Why I asked was.........I want one, A full one pint mug.......where can I get one? any Ideas?

Saints Alive

Saints Alive Report 22 Dec 2004 23:40

Army and Navy Store??

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 22 Dec 2004 23:57

Thanks for the suggestions. we have two poss's here in p'boro, will give 'm a try .............Bob

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 23 Dec 2004 01:25

It was a pint one - my husband used to have a white porceline one when we were in quarters and I used to go mad as I would have one cup and then the teapot was emptied into his mug - no second cuppa for me unless I made one!

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 23 Dec 2004 08:38

Thanks all, for the replies,..........now.........what size was the Beret?.........Ann, HEE HEE........LOL

Poolmaster

Poolmaster Report 23 Dec 2004 08:44

when i first joined in 85 they were 1 pint black plastic mugs which made the tea taste funny for ever more once you had range stew in it!!! lol! now they issue about a pint metal ones which you can cook in. clever! i still have 2, 50 quid to you mate and i cant say fairer than that!!! lol!