General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sounds of Christmas?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 23 Dec 2004 09:02

What's your favourite sound at Christmas? I love my son's moment of silence when he sees what he's been given!

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 23 Dec 2004 09:05

The shouts of "Hes Been! " or alternitivly The gentle hum of the dishwasher lolololol Elaine x

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 23 Dec 2004 09:25

The sound of my husband opening a bottle of wine - first glass for the cook!

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 23 Dec 2004 09:28

Mine was hearing our 5 children on Christmas morning at 5:00am sneak up to our bedroom. You go and wake them!!! NO.. you go and wake them!! No... you go...... Then the littlest would get shoved into our bedroom, by her bigger sisters, and sing out "I'TS CHRISTMAS" My wife and i would giggle, and pretend to be asleep. Tony Oz

Mags

Mags Report 23 Dec 2004 09:32

Laughter and the clink of glasses, the snap of crackers...Least favourite?? - the after effects of brussels!! LOL Magsxx

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 23 Dec 2004 19:36

"Oh, how did you know I wanted that"! (from Daughter!) and all the lovely chatter round the table, and definitely the crackers, and the sound of fingers rustling, in the big sweet-tin, as I pick out those lovely strawberry and orange creams! :)

Gypsy

Gypsy Report 23 Dec 2004 19:47

I have to agree with Elaine, The sound of 'Hes been' is the best. it make it all worthwhile to see their faces. Pat

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 23 Dec 2004 20:00

Mine's "Mummy, Daddy, can I pleeeease get up now?" But the best one was when son was just 2, we put the tree up on Christmas Eve, and he came down on Christmas morning and said " Ohhh a twee!" and then he cried! got it all on film for when he's older!!! lol and then he saw his "Mountain Bike" couldn't even reach the pedals. Kim

Peter

Peter Report 23 Dec 2004 20:09

The Ahhhhhhhh that comes at the end of a day spent enjoying Xmas with the family.