General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Angus Ogilvy

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 26 Dec 2004 16:35

John

John Report 26 Dec 2004 16:35

the husband of Princess Alexandra, has died, Buckingham Palace said. He died at Kingston Hospital, south west London near his home at Richmond Park, after a long illness. "The Queen has learned with great sorrow of the death this morning," said the Palace. Members of the Royal Family, spending Christmas at Sandringham, said prayers for the Ogilvy family at this morning's church service on the Queen's Norfolk estate. Sir Angus had battled with cancer and recently suffered pneumonia.

Joy

Joy Report 26 Dec 2004 18:25

Thank you for posting this, John. I liked Angus Ogilvy. Joy

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 26 Dec 2004 18:29

sad news for his family thinking of them xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 26 Dec 2004 21:28

Sorry to hear the news! I remember watching the wedding on T.V. and noticed how he stroked Princess Alexandra's hand throughout the service. Somehow I felt confident the marriage would last.