General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

tidal wave in asia

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Val

Val Report 27 Dec 2004 14:58

a thought for all those who have lost there lives and homes in this terrible disaster across asia may they rest in peace and god bless them all xxx val xx and family xx

sandra rogers

sandra rogers Report 27 Dec 2004 15:00

this is a shocking disaster all those poor souls x

Christine2

Christine2 Report 27 Dec 2004 15:15

And may the ones who lived be given lots of help and comfort.

*Debbie

*Debbie Report 27 Dec 2004 15:18

May the world come together and help these poor poor people. A prayer for your strength to get through this. Debs.

Maud

Maud Report 27 Dec 2004 17:00

Have just been watching the news on this disaster, how dreadful for those poor people, especially the ones who have their homes there, at least the tourists who have survived can leave and have their home to return to, but the poor souls who live there have nothing, my heart bleeds for them. Makes me laugh when I read about so called "global warming" its such rubbish, when you can see what natural disasters do happen through no ones fault, and have done since time began. God help those poor souls who survive, we can only hope that aid will reach them from all the other countries our own included.

Val

Val Report 27 Dec 2004 21:27

pushing this one up think it needs to be seen xxxx over 20.000 death toll now xx

Val

Val Report 28 Dec 2004 23:46

one of our friends on gc has a friend out there val xxx so please add to this thread show our support thinking of you valley xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Dec 2004 23:49

They talk about 20,000 dead but that goes over my head. When I saw a couple who had found their children and were carrying their poor little dead bodies away my heart broke. The small personal tragedies are the worst to bear. I don't think our brains would let us comprehend that feeling multiplied by 20,000. It would drive us all over the edge.

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 28 Dec 2004 23:49

Its so tragic, really no words to say what I feel about this. Just heard on the news that Sir Richard Attenborough has lost his 14 yr old Grandaughter and her mother(his daughter) and Grandmother are missing. So very sad. Christine

Gypsy

Gypsy Report 28 Dec 2004 23:59

The reports are now saying 60,000 people have died. It is so sad, everything seems so insignificant at the moment. Pat

Val

Val Report 29 Dec 2004 00:01

pat just saw it ,, yes it dose make our lives seem so easy now xx

John

John Report 29 Dec 2004 02:06

I opened the New Zealand Herald this morning and was shocked by a full front page photo that showed a Thai caught the swirling waters following the tsunami, and second photo on page three a showed him seconds before he was pulled to safety. One of the fortunates.

badger

badger Report 29 Dec 2004 02:29

It would appear that worse is to come,yet my grandson who is home on leave is expecting to get called back to base for the relief work ,which happened last year when the lads killed in the gulf were flown back to brize where he is stationed ,you never get used to this sort of thing do you.iv'e unashamedly shed a few tears over watching some of the footage on t/v.Fred.ptfg.

*Debbie

*Debbie Report 29 Dec 2004 02:39

This is so sad I can not watch the news any more it breaks your heart to see all that pain. Debs.

Margaret

Margaret Report 29 Dec 2004 04:36

I can't bear to watch the news , either. so very sad. God bless the living and the dead. Joan in NZ

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 29 Dec 2004 04:53

A prayer for all those that lost there lives. Eight Australian's at last count, with more still missing. May god bless them all, and there families. Tony Oz.