General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HOW CAN I KEEP WARM?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Clare

Clare Report 27 Dec 2004 15:48

My heating packed up last nite.great timing,probably the coldest nite yet and i have no heat.any ideas on keeping warm.(clean ideas please)

Emma

Emma Report 27 Dec 2004 15:50

A hot water bottle, or a man to cuddle up to!

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 27 Dec 2004 15:51

was going to say sit in bath for hours but forgot you need heating for water, hot drinks , warm food, go round relis house who has heating

Merlin

Merlin Report 27 Dec 2004 15:51

Red Flannel,Hot water Bottles,Electric Fires, or go to bed with a Large Scotch. Hal.

Clare

Clare Report 27 Dec 2004 15:53

i don't usually mind the cold but am just getting over flu.got a hot water bottle,if i drink any more tea,i will look like a teabag!

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 27 Dec 2004 15:58

Duvet round you and best of all Brandy and Green Ginger. That will keep you warm,if not a little tipsy. Sue

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Dec 2004 16:00

hi clare,as has been suggested,move into kitchen,turn cooker on,close doors,at least,you will be warm. bryan.

Carol in Rochester, New York

Carol in Rochester, New York Report 27 Dec 2004 16:01

Clare, Have you tried calling your local council or emergency services? They will sometimes provide you with emergency heating. You can,t stay in a house with no heat!! DO NOT use your oven for heat. If it,s a gas one, it can give off lethal fumes.

Clare

Clare Report 27 Dec 2004 16:02

Its a bank holiday so the lines are engaged or no one wants to work,we do have a fire on and i am using the immursion heater for water

Fairy

Fairy Report 27 Dec 2004 16:04

Keep your feet warm with thick socks and wear a warm hat as 70% of bodily heat is lost through the head. Hope you get it mended soon. Jo.

Christine2

Christine2 Report 27 Dec 2004 16:06

You don't live in Nottingham by any chance do you Claire?

Clare

Clare Report 27 Dec 2004 16:11

no i live in gloucester

Christine2

Christine2 Report 27 Dec 2004 16:38

Sorry Clare - too far for hubby to come tonight. Oh, he's a central heating engineer by the way - wasn't suggesting sending him to warm you up :))))) Chrissie

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 27 Dec 2004 17:38

clare, not that husband is a hating engineer but where in gloucester do you live? (i.e. which council) Ann glos