General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Relief at Good News

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SheilaSomerset

SheilaSomerset Report 27 Dec 2004 17:45

We have a houseful at present - husband's 3 'kids' plus partners. Family of son's girlfriend are in SE India - she had a phone call from them today. Her parents were actually on a seafront hotel near Madras, luckily on the 2nd floor at the time the wave hit, they walked about 5 miles inland and eventually got transport to another hotel. All safe and well! Thoughts and prayers with those bereaved and those awiting news.

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Dec 2004 17:53

that really is good news sheila,enjoy your day,in beautiful wiltshire. bryan.

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Dec 2004 20:45

Sheila - thats brilliant news, such a worry is'nt it when you have someone out there.My d.i.l's cousin is on her way to Sri Lanka, in Thailand at present. We thought she was actually there. Is'nt life cruel - here we all are celebrating christmas when this has happened all those miles away in another world, to all those people!!!! Take care Jude sarf wales

Mags

Mags Report 27 Dec 2004 20:59

Hello Sheila, I watched the news for the first time this evening and sat there stunned at the horror of it all - thank goodness her family was OK. I pray for all those bereaved familes and, for those that are waiting for news, the strength to see them through this dreadful time. Magsxx