General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Computer help needed please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 28 Dec 2004 15:22

i was given a pc game for Christmas and haven't managed to play it yet, think there isn't enough memory on pc. i have tried defraging, deleting programs & files, looked into getting a graphics card, but not enough memory for that either ! Any suggestions as to what i can do would be really appreciated. otherwise i'll have to upgrade and think that'll be very expensive way to play my scrabble game !!!! Thanks Jane

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Dec 2004 15:29

hi jane, had the same problem,coaxed it for about a year,and had to but a new one,a few weeks back. see if you have enough space to download..ccleaner...its amazing,just how much space it will give you. good luck....bryan.

Jane

Jane Report 28 Dec 2004 15:54

Thanks guys, Bryan - what is ccleaner ? where do i get it from? will try anything ! its Scrabble that i'm trying to play, installed it fine, but as soon as it finishes its title pages, it stops and i end up with my desktop! i have Windows ME, which it is compatible with, have updated DirectX too, but it needs 16MB to play, according to my system i only have 5MB free....... have deleted everything i don't use, but still can't shift it from 5MB..........

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Dec 2004 16:02

www(.)ccleaner(.)com/ remove the brackets. bryan....good luck.