General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

unlocking mobile phone.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jojo

Jojo Report 29 Dec 2004 16:32

Does anyone know how to unlock a NEC Three pay mobile phone? or a web site that i can go on to find out. Many thanks Joanne.

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 29 Dec 2004 16:48

Joanne Have you a phone number for the company. If you have you are best phoning them to help you unlock your phone. My late husband locked his phone about 3yrs ago and we phoned T-mobile who we were with at the time. They gave instructions over the landline and within minutes we had it unlocked. Hope this helps Sue

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 29 Dec 2004 17:31

Joanne - do you mean unlock as in releasing it from current network supplier, so that you can use another networks SIM card?? If so, you may find that you will have to pay - I did this some time back with Virgin. You'll no doubt have seen on the market nowadays that you can buy a SIM-free phone which will take any network/SIM card, but cost an absolute fortune. Other than that, I do know that you can sometimes find market stalls that sell mobile equipment that offer 'unlocking' for a smaller fee, but dont know how reliable they are.

Andy

Andy Report 29 Dec 2004 17:41

The usual reason for wanting a mobile unlocked is 'cos it's nicked, that's why these hooky blokes work from markets etc!

Jojo

Jojo Report 29 Dec 2004 17:52

The mobile is not nicked , as you so crudely put it. My daughter had hers stolen at school and her sister has bought her a new one for xmas.She had better features on her O2 sim and she wants to see if she can unlock her new phone to enable her to use an O2 sim in it.

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 29 Dec 2004 18:01

Joanne - ring the current provider - they should be able to do, albeit for a fee. I did it with my last one which was Virgin, as I could not get the handset I wanted on O2!! - it cost me £30 on the Virgin SIM card, so I just put that in another handset and sold it to a friend and got my money back.

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 29 Dec 2004 21:37

Daughter was on O2 but we wanted to use a virgin sim in the phone, as we're all on virgin so the cost of calls would be would be less. O2 wanted tocharge us £15 for the code, adn we would have to waited up to 14-21 days for them to call us back!!!!!!! hubby searched online and found the code within minutes cost £3, but i'm not sure of the site, just know he paid via paypal.

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 18 Jan 2005 22:36

nudge