General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Earthquake relief Letchworth and North Herts. UPDA

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Dec 2004 17:21

If anyone wishes to donate summer clothing, pots and pans, dried food, tins of food, tents ground sheets etc. the Buddhist Community Centre in Letchworth Hertfordshire are doing a massive collection to send out, goods can be delivered in person to 32 High Avenue Letchworth or you can telephone 01462 641326 to have the items collected. UPDATE We are doing very very well and now have enough to fill the first container to be shipped to Sri Lanka tomorrow but we would appreciate any strong men that can assist with the loading of our boxes into the container please contact the above number if you can help or email me. A huge huge thanks to everyone and keep it coming.

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 29 Dec 2004 19:17

Thanks Lynn, I'm having a root about to see what I've got. Whereabouts in High Avenue is it? Happy New Year to you and yours. From Viv

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 29 Dec 2004 20:00

Nudge for those in North Herts.

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Dec 2004 21:52

nudge nudge nudge nudge.

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Dec 2004 23:00

Viv have sent you a message.

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 30 Dec 2004 14:49

I have just been onto our local branch and they are closed until January 3rd so I can't get any information. Jacky

Denise

Denise Report 30 Dec 2004 16:41

Hi The Owner of the Murco Garage on the Grange Estate in Letchworth is also taking in Summer Clothing for adults and children which he will deliver to his temple who are arranging distribution.

Patricia

Patricia Report 30 Dec 2004 17:01

Can't get to Letchworth. do you know if there is anywhere near to me...Staines... Pat

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 30 Dec 2004 22:35

Lynn, Got the message, thanks. Will keep nudging. Viv

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 30 Dec 2004 23:48

nudge

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Jan 2005 20:01

Nudge, we are in constant touch with Sri Lanka our goods are being shipped to Colombo and then our lorries are taking the goods to various Temples where the Monks will distribute the goods where they are needed the most, we are being asked for clothing by them and this first container contains many clothes plus medications, pots pans, tens, gazebos sleeping mats babies dry milk, babies nappies, ladies sanitary ware, tools i.e. saws hammers screw nails etc.