General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I'm alright, Jack........

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lily

Lily Report 30 Dec 2004 08:57

It beggars belief that the young men on TV this morning, swigging beer and sunbathing on the beach in one of those devastated countries, could say they were continuing their holiday as if nothing had happened. No indication whatsoever that they were also using their muscle to help the locals and distraught tourists. I do hope that their creature comforts continue to be met (like food/water etc) in spite of the devastation around them! Some proud mothers must be saying "That's my boy!" Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit - I know.

Lily

Lily Report 30 Dec 2004 10:17

I wasn't 'getting at' those tourists waiting for flights home. This was a group of lads who said (openly) that this wasn't going to stop them continuing with their holiday, regardless,

♥ Katz

♥ Katz Report 30 Dec 2004 10:38

There was an interview with one returning tourist on TV this morning, from Thailand I think, who said that her hotel had been the least damaged in the lagoon and people returned to carry on as normal and were complaining about the slow service in the restaurant! Unbelievable. Kxx

Katwin

Katwin Report 30 Dec 2004 10:42

I saw that too on the TV this morning. Those lads swigging beer on the beach seemed totally unaffected by it all. If there is a typhoid or a cholora outbreak will they still be unaffected then I wonder? Kathy

Speedy

Speedy Report 30 Dec 2004 10:50

Don't forget they are taking food out of the mouths of the people who are helping, yes it should be a case of if you stay it is to help out if you don't want to do that then you must go home, food is in very short supply and it should be for the residents and workers.... Sorry to get on my high hores, but after watching the news these last few days, it makes me sad and mad, sad that this has happened, and mad at some of the attitudes!!!! Bev

Speedy

Speedy Report 30 Dec 2004 10:53

Thank goodnes that most of the human race feel the same, but it is the few who realy get up my nose.. Bev

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 30 Dec 2004 11:05

I am in no way defending their actions but .... people do behave strangely when in shock or are in a situation that is beyond their comprehension. Each area probbaly doesn't realise that so many areas have been affected and may think it is local. If they are aware... that is different and I suggest politely that they be returned home. Method of transport to be decided by those who have been affected by this disaster. Jacky