General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

we are so lucky

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Val

Val Report 30 Dec 2004 10:42

so lucky to live in a country who do not fear earth quakes or tidal waves we moan if we have snow rain wind and other little weather problems,, i no i do , well now we should be grateful we do not have to worry like those poor people who have just gone through there worse nightmare , weather can and has proved to be a killer god bless all who have lost there lives and those who have lost there loved ones and homes god bless them all and may they have the strenth to carry on and rebuild there homes x for there future val xxx

Bec

Bec Report 30 Dec 2004 10:46

I agree Val. Feel so helpless but there are small things we can do. My 15yr old brother just rang me to say he's donated his pocket money and I should donate some too (I already have). If we all give as much as we can then it's a start. becx

♥ Katz

♥ Katz Report 30 Dec 2004 10:48

You're so right Val. In this nation we do complain of the slightest little thing (yes, I'm guilty too) when really we have very little to complain about. We have no extremes of weather, no earthquakes, volcanos, hurricanes, etc. We are very lucky indeed and this horrible disaster makes you stop and think and thank your lucky stars. My thoughts are constantly with those who have lost someone at this terrible time. On the other hand, we are a generous nation and I have read that 15m has been raised by the charities (which is the same as the government has pledged) and no doubt that will increase substantially. Kxx

Fairy

Fairy Report 30 Dec 2004 10:55

My husbands always moans about the rain and I always say that there are people in Africa who are dying for the want of rain. The other week we were stuck on the motorway as there had been an accident ahead. Ambulances were flying up and down. He moaned because we were held up and I said, good job we wer'nt a few cars in front because it could have been us in the ambulance. I don't want to sound like goody twoshoes, but usually you can turn a situation round. In the case of this terrible situation in Asia, I don't think so though.

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 30 Dec 2004 10:55

Val, We are very lucky. I live in the Midlands and we did experience an earth tremor about 3 - 4 years ago that registered 4.8. It shook our house and woke us all up and there was structural damage in an area about 10 miles away - the centre of the tremor. That was frightening enough and not something I would like to experience again. I find it hard to even imagine what these poor people are going through. Jacky

Val

Val Report 30 Dec 2004 11:02

thank you paul for mentioning the soldiers my son is one of those soldiers who has been in iraq, and will be returning there next year xx

Len

Len Report 30 Dec 2004 16:25

All this trouble, according to some reports is due to the magnetic poles of the planet being reversed and its due to happen sometime in the coming year, so keep your fingers crossed, it could get worse. Just hope we'er not on the receiving end!!!! Len

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 30 Dec 2004 16:45

Did you know that the earthquake tilted the earth by an inch and moved some of the islands by 120 feet! Jacky

Lisa

Lisa Report 30 Dec 2004 16:49

cannot believe that some countries have poverty,and horrific weather,starvation and disease.and others do not.life just isn't fairxxxx):