General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sorry its me again. medical advise needed on my Gr

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 30 Dec 2004 22:05

28 yrs old daughter rang earlier today to say she thought my Grandson 6yrs had Chicken Pox. there is a lot of it about at his school. He has got worse throughout the day. He now has about 60 spots on his face and about 15 on his body. Plus clusters on his tongue. This cannot be Chicken Pox surley? ***Grandson has been taken to hospital. Doctor would not come out and drop in centre was closed. Will keep you all informed. jenny.

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 30 Dec 2004 22:07

Hi Mommy Just to put her mind at rest tell her to put a tumbler on the spots. If they are still vivible under the glass get him to hospital. When I had chicken pox I had them in my mouth and various other orifices! Jeanette x

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 30 Dec 2004 22:08

Just a thought. If the spots in his mouth are swelling then a doctor should be called at least or a trip to A & E Jeanette x

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 30 Dec 2004 22:09

Daughter has just sent me a photo via msn. His poor little face is absolutley covered with a raised rash looking like very fierce acne. it is bright red.

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 30 Dec 2004 22:09

Jenny my wee one had them in his mouth and every other opening you can imagine, so it does sound like it but do the tumbler check just to be sure. Christine

Big Shaz

Big Shaz Report 30 Dec 2004 22:11

One of mine got them really bad.... she had them everywhere!! Eyes... Ears... Tongue and Throat and other places.... Doc just told me to keep giving her cold drinks to ease the ones in mouth and throat. I hope he gets over them soon.. poor wee soul. Shaz x

Debbie

Debbie Report 30 Dec 2004 22:12

Chicken pox spots are like blisters. By the time they are visible they usually start to itch

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 30 Dec 2004 22:13

chicken pox spots r blisters

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 30 Dec 2004 22:14

I am sure this is not Chicken pox I have never seen anything like it before.

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 30 Dec 2004 22:15

sophie snap lol

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Dec 2004 22:15

jenny,firstly do as janette suggests. take temperature,and check throat for redness. keep us in touch,were here!! bryan.

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Dec 2004 22:15

Poor little chap. Like many of the others, my son had the spots everywhere you could imagine, eyelids, mouth, even on his little whatsit! But best not to take any chances, get it confirmed even if only by ringing NHS Direct. Mandy xx

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 30 Dec 2004 22:16

Jenny put Chicken pox into google and then click on image. does it look like that? Does the wee one have any other symptoms? Christine

chezzy

chezzy Report 30 Dec 2004 22:56

aww mommylonglegs your poor grandson!! chicken spots are horrid,my daughter whose 8 had them and only got four spots on her belly..my son whose now 5 had them when he was 18mnths old and was covered(ears,body,soles of his feet,private parts,up his nose in his mouth etc)hope he recovers soon.cherie.xx

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 30 Dec 2004 23:17

Hi Jenny, I'll say a prayer and keep my fingers crossed all is well. Naomi x

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 31 Dec 2004 19:24

Any news? Jenny? or have I missed it? Bob