General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Where are your family from?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Clairepie

Clairepie Report 31 Dec 2004 10:44

I have Lots of Irish family and Scots, I even have Nova Scotians and Sicilians! ...............sometimes I swear my little brother is from Mars!

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 31 Dec 2004 11:04

From the 1850's until now, we're all from London however prior to that we have mainly, Surrey, Berkshire, Norfolk, Hampshire and one Nova Scotian. Naomi x

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy

☼ Orangeblossom ☼ - Tracy Report 31 Dec 2004 11:07

Mine are all from Yorkshire I think. Hubby has a couple from Stafford (as was in the 1800s) and one from Scotland, but most of his are Durham and Yorkshire.

Gypsy

Gypsy Report 31 Dec 2004 11:10

It would suit my family more if the question was 'where aren't your family from'!! lol My g grandfather was born hungary, His wife Austria. They travelled alto. Their first child was born in South America, Thier second in the US, their third in France, and the last in Ireland!! On the other side, they all all fron the staffs area! Pat

Bec

Bec Report 31 Dec 2004 11:14

My paternal side are mostly from oop North, Rockferry, Whitehaven, Strines, Mellor and New Mills. My dad obviously decided the Battys needed to travel, my sister and I were born in Athens and my brother was born in Chicago. becx

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Dec 2004 12:40

Have been told planet earth! but thats debatable

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Dec 2004 13:03

A long diagonal line from Mawgan, Cornwall up to Langham in Norfolk, via Gloucestershire (Rendcomb/Chedworth/North Cerney), Warwickshire (Whichford), slight southwards detour to take in Oxfordshire(Aston Rowant), Buckinghamshire (Farnham Royal/Stoke Poges), and Richmond, Surrey, and then north via Cambridge to Langham, Norfolk, before going southeast to take in villages around the Norfolk marshes and going south again to Chelmsford, Essex. nell

helenbell

helenbell Report 31 Dec 2004 13:17

My Dads family are from Naples and my mums family from oop north Yorkshire and Nottingam Helenxx

Saz

Saz Report 31 Dec 2004 13:30

Mainly London, some Oxfordshire, a bit of Wiltshire and a small sprinkle of Italian. Saz