General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Is there any collections for Asia in Kent??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 31 Dec 2004 15:07

Have several items of boys clothing so if anyone has heard of a collection point in Kent please let me know. I feel so helpless watching it on the news, it normally reduces me to tears. Julie

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 31 Dec 2004 15:16

Hi Julie - I'm the same - cant watch it or read about it without tears. What part of Kent are you?? I have checked on the websites for Meridian TV and Invicta, plus my local council Tonbridge & Malling. At the mo there are only links for monetry donations - they take you to www(.)dec(.)org(.)uk remove brackets first. It says more info will be posted soon - but on the righthand side of the page are all the charities involved - maybe you could try one of them if you have a shop local to you?? Anne

valinkent

valinkent Report 31 Dec 2004 15:22

Hi Julie I am in kent and started phoning around yesterday re summer clothing ,but only money is being collected at the moment. But heard on Sky tv a couple of hours ago that they have enough clothing at the moment. Val

Julie

Julie Report 31 Dec 2004 15:24

Thanks to you both - I'm in Maidstone. Have just spoken to my Mum's neighbour as she is a member of the Salvation Army and she hasn't heard of anything yet. If I do hear of anything I will pop it on the board. Julie

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 31 Dec 2004 15:38

Hi Julie, I know it's a bit late in the day now, and with the B/Hol coming up, but why not try phoning some of the charity shops in town? I'm sure Oxfam have one just near M&S - countless others that I walk past every lunchtime, none of which I can remember the names of just now LOL......... Anne

Julie

Julie Report 31 Dec 2004 15:56

Thanks Anne, I will do that after the bank hols. Sorry I don't reply straight away, am trying to do my essays for uni. Have 4 3000 word essays to do before the end of Feb plus I have 5 week placement on Maternity in between! Julie

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 3 Jan 2005 12:43

Just to update for anyone else interested............ BBC South East news have just promoted 'Smile International', a Kent based charity who are taking donations of money and goods for the Tsunami victims. Anne

Shirley

Shirley Report 3 Jan 2005 18:07

I live in Strood. The local church St Nicholas, is collecting blankets, pillows, sheets etc. I Know this as they came into the store I work in next door to ask for boxes. We had buckets for spare change on the checkouts and have to empty them every hour or so as they get too heavy. Someone even got £50 cashback and put it straight in the bucket. Shirley