General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL AND SPARE A THOUGHT....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 31 Dec 2004 20:14

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL Please spare a thought for all the people who lost their lives in the terrible disaster in Asia also for their loved ones they left behind. Light a candle for them at midnight to show you care. OUR THOUGHTS ARE WITH THEM ALL GOD BLESS LORRAINE

Jean Durant

Jean Durant Report 31 Dec 2004 20:20

Lorraine, I have thought of nothing else since 26th. I light a candle every evening. The scale of this tragedy is beyond belief. We can do nothing for the dead but we can certainly help the survivors, if only materially, to try and ease their suffering. I am so proud to be British today. Our generosity has been, I think, overwhelming. My thoughts are with the survivors and my hope is that time will help to heal the terrible pain they are suffering. Jean x.

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 31 Dec 2004 20:21

I echo your thoughts-Rose

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 31 Dec 2004 20:38

Hi Jean, I TOTALLY agree God Bless everyone of them Lorraine

*Debbie

*Debbie Report 31 Dec 2004 20:39

I am with you there Lorraine. Debs.

Mags

Mags Report 31 Dec 2004 20:42

The tragedy is beyond all understanding. I cannot begin to imagine what people are going through. All my thoughts and prayers are with them. We can but do what we can and donate money if possible to help the relief agencies do their bit. No matter how small that sum may be - lots of small gestures make one big one! Magsxx

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 31 Dec 2004 20:42

Hi Deb, Thankyou,lets hope it will ease some of their pain and grief our thoughts are with them all,God Bless Lorraine

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 31 Dec 2004 20:45

Mags, You are so right but if we all send our thoughts and prayers maybe this will help until they get the help they need. God bless them all Lorraine

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 31 Dec 2004 20:56

nudge...........