General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

To all Labradors & Cavaliers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Judy

Judy Report 1 Jan 2005 00:19

Two of my best friends are feeling a little left out.. Chloe(Labrador 13yrs) & Anna(Cavalier King Charles(10yrs) Wish all Labs & Cavs whereever you are the happiest of times throughout 2005. JudyNZ

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~ Report 1 Jan 2005 00:52

Judith and Anne my little boy Billie Cavalier KIng Charles aged 7 _today_was really terrified last night with the Fire works for New Year he came out of the bedroom and sat on my feet while I was on the putor then he started jumping up and scratching my arm as if to say come on come to bed but then he might have wanted me to say Happy Birthday for today he is a darling and I can imagine how much you must miss Treacle Anne, How old was Treacle? Billie has a heart mumer but at the moment he is fine and its not worrying him he sleeps a lot but then like me he might have Narcolepsy (Sleeping Disorder) I will say Happy New Year to you and yours and get on with some housework NOT, Love Laraine in Yarrawonga Aust.

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 1 Jan 2005 01:36

lol judith, best wishes from ruby and max the rotties . sue.

~*sylvia*~

~*sylvia*~ Report 1 Jan 2005 11:05

Judith, Will you please say Happy New Year to Chloe and Anna for me and also best wishes from Milo my Birman cat. Could you please tell me if a Cavalier King Charles would be a good idea for me as I would love one.I am 76 years old, so don't want anything too lively and I have been told that a Cavalier would be a good choice. I lost my Maltese, Amy, last year and would love another little dog as Milo really belongs to my husband. I hope you don't mind me asking. Best wishes to you all from Sylvia in Perth WA

Judy

Judy Report 2 Jan 2005 02:22

Hi from Chloe & Anna. Sue our sympathy on losing little Treacle,but she will always be in your heart. Paul your Molly sounds delightful and we all know Mutts are the best breed of all ! Laraine & Billie and Sue and rotties great to hear from you. Sylvia, YES Cavs are the most delightful company for all ages and particularly ours. They do need regular grooming but that's no hardship they love the attention. Where on earth are all the Labs ? JudyNZ

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~

~¤§ Lara Linga Longa §¤~ Report 2 Jan 2005 02:30

Paul I thought posties didn't like doggies ,Sylvia I would reccomend a Cavalier for you they are just gorgeous and love just being with you and sitting on your lap, Judith my Daughter has new Golden Retreiver and he is very sweet but abig boy already and only not 12 months old till April

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 2 Jan 2005 02:39

To Chole and Anna, Happy New Year and all the best for 2005 from Jack (handsom Border collie!) Paul, sorry but he does not like 'Posties', well only 1, mind if he was out front he would lick your legs, but behind the gate, ferosious as hell!!! lol Kim

Judy

Judy Report 2 Jan 2005 23:03

Hi Kim & Jack,Happy 2005 and welcome to our group. Our cat Ripley says Hi to Sylia's Milo and wants to know if she can join this group too. Still no Labs yet !!!!! Shall we prove a pet is not just for Christmas but for all year and keep this group rolling on ? JudyNZ

Fairy

Fairy Report 2 Jan 2005 23:05

To Chloe and Anna, lots of licks from Nelly (black lab) just five. Happy New Year. XX

Judy

Judy Report 2 Jan 2005 23:20

Hi Fairy Godmother and Nelly and Jackie and Lucy. We understand the delay,someone has to go round and collect the crumbs from festive fare and we all know Labs do it best ! JudyNZ

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Jan 2005 23:33

this has been my first xmas,without my beloved labrador 'fartalott' three months ago,although,she was only ten,i had to let her pass on,during an operation. my life has changed so much,i miss her more than my ex wife,time heals i know..but she will always have a corner of my heart. bryan.

Janet

Janet Report 2 Jan 2005 23:48

Dixie and Vella (Blenheim Cavs of 5 yrs) would like to wish all Cavs everywhere a very HAPPY NEW YEAR and Dixie would like to wish all dogs everywhere a HAPPY NEW YEAR as well. Vella doesn't like "big dogs" but says they are fine if they are just the other end of the computer. They also hope that Treacle is with their beloved mother Lucy sitting in the comfy armchair in the sky. A special hi to Chole and Anna for posting the message. Licks and Wags Dixie and Vella

Judy

Judy Report 3 Jan 2005 00:35

Chloe,Anna & Ripley send their sympathy to you Bryan. They have lost a lot of their mates too but will always have a spot in their hearts for them. Hi to Dixie and Vella, Anna(tri-colour)knows how Vella feels,she doesn't think of herself as a dog whereas Ripley (the cat) thinks she is one ! JudyNZ

~*sylvia*~

~*sylvia*~ Report 3 Jan 2005 10:31

Hi!, Thank you for your replies about Cavaliers. I will start looking for one, but, I forgot to ask, do they get on alright with cats? Judith, Milo says Hello to Ripley. There is a photo of Milo on the GR Photospage. Have you got any photos of Ripley on there? Best wishes to all dog and cat lovers everywhere from Sylvia and Milo.XX

Fran

Fran Report 3 Jan 2005 13:24

From one Chloe (a choccie Lab age 7) to Judiths Chloe 'Happy new Year'. Do they EVER grow up !!!!! Best wishes to all.

Judy

Judy Report 4 Jan 2005 03:33

Hi Sylvia & Milo as a new chum to this computer age I haven't mastered the technique of adding photos yet but will get cracking and learn and yes Cavs get on with all others cats,dogs,people you name it Anna is the 4th Cav we have had over many years and they all have wonderful natures. Hi also to Fran & Chloe,I don't think Labs do grow up, even when their bones are creaky like mine they still want to be part of the action,don't you love them !! JudyNZ

Janet

Janet Report 4 Jan 2005 04:18

Hi Dixie and Vella here again, Special message for Sylvia. When mummy (Lucy) came to live here there was a cat who hated all dogs, already living here. Mummy soon won Auntie Punga round. The breeding kennels had given mummy away because they thought she wasn't good enough to have puppies. What the humans didn't know that we were inside mummy when she arrived here along with our two sisters and brother. Our nice humans kept us and gave our sisters and brother to friends and relations so we still see them. Sadly when we were 2 mummy died, she was only 4. We became great friends with Auntie Punga (the cat) but she has now gone to join mummy as she was old (16). So Sylvia even a cat like Auntie Punga who hated all dogs and all other cats come to that, was won round by Cavaliers. Licks and Wags to you all Dixie and Vella

~*sylvia*~

~*sylvia*~ Report 4 Jan 2005 10:11

To Dixie and Vella, Thank you for your message. I'm sorry Lucy died, but at least you have each other for company.I hope I will be able to get a little dog like you soon, but I don't think there are many about where I live, in Australia. Milo is a lovely cat and I don't think he would mind sharing me with a little dog. He send you his love. Judith, I hope you don't think I am stupid, talking to dogs on the computer. I daren't tell my sons or they would have me put in a home. You are getting me really interested in getting a Cavalier so I'll let you know how I get on. Love to all from Sylvia X

Judy

Judy Report 5 Jan 2005 01:07

Hi Team,last night we celebrated Anna's 10th birthday with chippies and ice cream BUT definitely NO chocolate. Hate to be a party pooper but seriously folks, chocolate can be poisonous to both dogs and cats. Sylvia if you do decide to get a Cav your sons will be completely won over, for some reason Cavs wrap men round their little "paws" and usually end up sitting in their laps. Love to Milo. JudyNZ