General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Advice please on which to buy

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Jan 2005 16:39

I am repeating this on here, I have also put it on the tips board. Advice please on which one to choose I amtrying to decide which programme to buy. I already have family Tree V4 which is very basic and not very user friendly. I can't decide between teh two that I have narrowed my list to. Family Tree Maker 2005 or Roots magic. I really want one that does a different 'tree' to the pedigree type. I like 'drop down' trees better myself. Anybody advise me please? Ann glos

Speedy

Speedy Report 1 Jan 2005 16:42

I have just had the Family Tree 2005, this one gives you the chance to make your tree look pretty, the other one you have mentioned I have not seen, so I can't comment on that one. Bev

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 1 Jan 2005 16:44

I will be really interested in your replies as I am about to buy too! Linda x

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Jan 2005 16:44

Thanks bev, have you actually used it yet, and is it user friendly? What sort of tree do you get? Ann Glos

Speedy

Speedy Report 1 Jan 2005 16:47

Got it installed on my pooter, and if I can use it then you definatly will be able to, as Brains are not my forte, it gives you a choice of tree style to use. Hope this helps you. Bev

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Jan 2005 17:11

Yes it does, I am almost sold on Family Tree maker but would like the opinion of anyone who uses Roots magic. Ann Glos

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Jan 2005 19:14

Hi Ann I've replied on the Tips board (went there first lol) and also emailed you direct with the address of my new webpages!! I was a very good girl so Santa brought me FTM 2005 and it's brilliant. I have got a reasonable-looking website in 4 days, so I'm fairly chuffed. See what you think! Love Mandy xx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 1 Jan 2005 21:45

Thank you Mandy Ann glos