General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WHAT IS THE ODDEST THING YOU HAVE BOUGHT FROM EBAY

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Jan 2005 22:42

the floor is yours - go ahead - spill the beans lol

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Jan 2005 22:44

Not bought anything - but in yesterday's express someone was auctioning 30 Quality Street sweets........no bids though

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 1 Jan 2005 22:44

A Garfield pet-food fork, £1.50! :))

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Jan 2005 22:45

I have bought a few Steins German drinking Pots and census CDs

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Jan 2005 22:45

Never bought anything but my dad wants me to help him sell ........ 2 MANHOLE COVERS lol! Come on She, own up then - what was yours? Mandy :))

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Jan 2005 22:46

about 20 wrinkles puppets lol - but I HAVE sent some to Aus and up to Newcastle - so only have 11 here just now - but another 3 or 4 due to arrive :-)

Paul (Tigger)

Paul (Tigger) Report 1 Jan 2005 22:49

yep I have SHE's scared stiff of em too lol My set of dental tools LOL

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 1 Jan 2005 22:49

I heard on the Radio that there was a plastic cup with water in being sold that Elvis suposidly drank from! lol cant remmber how much the bidding stopped at but it went in the hundreds...I wonder if anyone would buy the pair of tights that I laddered last night?....lol Gerri

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Jan 2005 22:51

I sleep with my mouth shut in case he decides to practice with em in his sleep lol :-) and i dont really think my buying wrinkles is all that odd lol

Sue

Sue Report 1 Jan 2005 22:51

Only thing I ever bought on e-bay was a flying Buzz Lightyear! It was for my grandson - all he asked Father Christmas for in 2002 when he was 3 and there were none in the shops anywhere. Trouble is, it nearly decapitates you if it catches you unawares! It's noise activated and I'm sure it doesn't like me! He doesn't seem to attack anyone else! LOL Sue xx

Paul (Tigger)

Paul (Tigger) Report 1 Jan 2005 23:05

vulcan bomber for sale on there other week bidding got up to 1.6m LOL

chezzy

chezzy Report 1 Jan 2005 23:16

dnt mention Ebay!!!!! hubby addicted now.He used to buy corgi models for our son but has recently transformed to SELLING!! in two days he's flogged some roof bars and a car engine(but made almost four hundred quid)so good in a way..EXCEPT now he's raiding all the wardrobes,cupboards etc looking for floggable items Remember the bomber it went for £22.000 to a pub in dukinfield. there was also a bottle filled with lake district AIR going for £60 recently!??!

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 2 Jan 2005 07:25

There was a false eye on there recently, - blue with all the little blood vessel lines. Said it had belonged to a recently deceased friend..... No, I didn't bid.