General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

im taking them down!!!!!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Emma

Emma Report 2 Jan 2005 10:19

Christmas decs are coming down.thank goodness for that. Going to have big spring clean.

Nanna Gaynor  (June nr Preston's Daughter)

Nanna Gaynor (June nr Preston's Daughter) Report 2 Jan 2005 10:49

I love having the deckies up and hate taking them down, but I will have to start taking them down tomorrow cos we so many up. Gaynor :-)

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 2 Jan 2005 11:37

So are mine,doing it tomorrow as I'm back to work on Tuesday and won't feel like it otherwise. Viv

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Jan 2005 12:01

I've taken down the garlands but am leaving the tree until 6th Jan. I think everything looks too bare all at once otherwise. I don't go back to work till Thursday, yippee! nell

Bec

Bec Report 2 Jan 2005 12:15

I didn't put any up so I don't have any to take down :-) becx

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 2 Jan 2005 12:17

ours went down on 31st as kids were having big party here has been nice to have my bday cards up without them battling for space with christmas stuff for once

Fairy

Fairy Report 2 Jan 2005 12:30

I'm just taking a break. I'm in the middle of doing that right now.

Jean Durant

Jean Durant Report 2 Jan 2005 12:45

Made a promise to myself that as soon as I had taken mine down I could come and visit the site. They came down in record time. Jean x.

Emma

Emma Report 2 Jan 2005 15:38

Ha Ha!!!!! All down now, ive dusted. hoovered, and cleaned all the windows with my music blaring really loud i got the job done in no time. The house looks a bit bare now!

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 2 Jan 2005 17:34

Just finished taking all my decs.tree.lights down. It has taken me nearly all today to get them down,just glad that's all over for another year. Sue

*Debbie

*Debbie Report 2 Jan 2005 18:31

All done for another year mind you I am keeping a box of Xmas crakers, table cloth and napkins out so when my mum comes over in the summer I will cook a big Christmas Dinner for her and buy her lots of pressies and spoil her rotten LOL Debs.

*Debbie

*Debbie Report 2 Jan 2005 18:48

Veronica be careful down the garden path mine is like a skating rink I think this freezing rain is in for all day I have not open the door today mind you I bet it will clear up for work in the morning no peace for the wicked LOL Debs.

Lisa

Lisa Report 2 Jan 2005 22:02

mine are coming down tomorrow.another christmas has come and gonexxxx):

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 2 Jan 2005 22:20

I usually wait until the 6th but ours came down on Saturday. Huby wanted to get stuff in the loft and out the way. House is still in a pickle with us trying to find homes for things.

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 3 Jan 2005 08:17

Taking it all down here today as well Emma! :))

Lily

Lily Report 3 Jan 2005 08:17

I took most of mine down yesterday (I know it wasn't twelth night) but somehow, after the tsunamis in s.e. Asia, I didn't feel particularly celebratory.......

Katwin

Katwin Report 3 Jan 2005 09:23

Taking down the decorations tonight. We're off to Spain later today and they'll be out of place by the time we return. They do look nice though. The best part of Christmas is decorating the house. Kathy

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 3 Jan 2005 09:34

Will take my birthday cards down today ready for my daughter's to go up tomorrow. The decs. will stay until the 6th leaving the birthday cards to ease us back to the bareness.

Lily

Lily Report 7 Jan 2005 17:34

Tesco's have a big re-cycling green box at the door, for all your old cards!