General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

O'H NO!!! WHERE BEING ERADICATED

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 3 Jan 2005 10:57

No laughing girls. This is serious stuff..........I was on the Net reading some very important men's stuff, and came across......... In the biological battle between the sexes, the Y chromosome has suffered defeat after defeat. The male-determining chromosome has seen its gene supply shrink from more than 1,000 genes when sex chromosomes first evolved, to what scientists once thought was only a handful of genes, a downward trend predicted to continue until the Y disappeared altogether. One by one, Y-chromosomes will disappear, eliminated by the relentless onslaught of irreparable mutation, until only one is left. When that chromosome finally succumbs, men will become extinct. (sniffle.)...but....I...dont wanna go. Who's gunna plow the field, and reap the harvest. That's it...(sniffle)............... we're finished. Tony, who once lived in Oz. ( R.I.P )

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 3 Jan 2005 10:59

Sounds serious stuff. Lorraine in Perth. W.A.

Twinkle

Twinkle Report 3 Jan 2005 12:34

Don't worry Tony, as long as there are spiders in the bath, science will not let men disappear.

Alice

Alice Report 3 Jan 2005 12:38

AAwwwwww Bless Don't worry we will keep men. Even if only for a laugh

Rupert

Rupert Report 3 Jan 2005 13:18

Tony, mate what have you done? The women will have us running around in animal skins just like the Stonenge gang. That article has set the male population zooming to oblivion long before it's time . Any spare room at your place ? life aint goin to be worth living here.

badger

badger Report 3 Jan 2005 19:15

ah well, there's something to say for being sixty odd already[ he he] Fred.ptfg.

helenbell

helenbell Report 3 Jan 2005 20:06

Stop drinking the water boys its full of the female hormone fish are changing sex oh Tony dont go!!! what would we do, we would have to plough the field ourselves, and who would we nag!!! oh god are we in trouble!!!! LOL Helenxx

Len

Len Report 3 Jan 2005 20:26

Helen, WATER!!!!!! only use that for washing in, I'm strictly a whiskey and rum drinker, in any case I should worry at my age!!!!!! Len An Old Sea Dog WUFF! WUFF!

helenbell

helenbell Report 3 Jan 2005 20:30

Thank God Len You stay as you are and you are safe!!!!! we have to worry when the men start wearing our underwear!! and want a shampoo and set and PINK marigolds Oh God we're doomed, doomed

Lisa

Lisa Report 3 Jan 2005 21:50

Just think chaps, theres a load of women out there muttering "always knew they were a mistake!" Peace Lisa

An Olde Crone

An Olde Crone Report 3 Jan 2005 21:56

Quite capable of ploughing my own field, thank you very much, and it'll be a relief to do it without some man hanging over the fence and saying "I wouldn't do it like that". Don't worry though, Chaps, someone is bound to start an appeal to save the Endangered Species - just think, a lovely cage, lots of free bananas and women paying good money to look at you.What's more, they will think all your dirty habits are dead cute!